Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

About a week about I fixed my boss's lawn Moore during my placement both rear wheel adjusters where completely rusted out, It was really my first job I ever did without having to ask a lot of questions. Since then everyone has been bringing in little jobs for me to do and the experience is building my confidence quite a bit. I had do weld thick gage metal to 22 gage It was honestly easier then I thought it was going to be. My first real success with a mig welder.

Thumbs up Youngwelder

Were any sawzall blades lost in your repair ???
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    About a week about I fixed my boss's lawn Moore during my placement both rear wheel adjusters where completely rusted out, It was really my first job I ever did without having to ask a lot of questions. Since then everyone has been bringing in little jobs for me to do and the experience is building my confidence quite a bit. I had do weld thick gage metal to 22 gage It was honestly easier then I thought it was going to be. My first real success with a mig welder.
    Hope there was no sawzall blades killed in the fixing of that mower!!!LOL

Inferno Forge

Chris

Im very happy to report no

Thumbs up Pei

Small world, my wife is from Springhill, PEI. Her dad works in Charlottetown, and her step-dad works in Summerside. Beautiful place, I was there to visit 7 years ago.

Later,

turbo38t Guest

LOL, a couple years ago I brought my pickup truck(lowrider with air ride) to a shop in New York. They were supposed to build a frame etc. Well, they ended up screwing me over and my other buddy too. Well my buddy found a truck that this guy had done work on also.....guess where my old frame notch(for axle clearance) went to? Yup, he cut a section out of my old frame and welded it into a customers truck and chaged him. .....only reason the customer found out is cause this guy's welds broke and mine(that were still attached to the notch) didn't....LOL

oK, you guys beat me to all the punches Everything to using it as filler rod, to using it to grass better....KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Oh, youngweldor : BLLLLLLEEEHHHHHWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! You're making me jealous with all the experience you're getting!!!!!!!!!!
    Before you said you were welding 2x/month!!! Now that everyone knows you're getting good, pretty soon, you won't have your weekends free!!
    I'm not late...

thanks guys sadly my few fast career is coming to an end the place I was doing the projects are laying everyone off but 5 people there isn't even going to be enough work for them looks like I'm going to be assisting again unless they pick up Black Wolf PEI is a very beautiful place if its summer I'm not a very big fan of cold weather. Mind you it was only my boss and another guy who gave me projects everyone's talking about bringing things in for me to do but since the lay off It really doesn't look too swell for me.
    Last edited by youngwelder_154; 05-18-2007 at 06:09 AM.

Well, don't worry. Keep your attitude positve and always find the good in something. I got my first paycheck today from my new job, and it was a couple of hundred short (I get paid every week). Talking to my supervisor, they apparently "down graded" me, 'cause I've been working with glass the past 1 1/2 years, and not structual steel. Not my fault the union sent me there in the first place, but I got to suck it up and deal with it
    bert
    I'm not late...