Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

TS and KB,
    1)which hydraulic accessory did you buy? I see they have several. Makes my head swim
    2)Is the 302 a better version of the 105???
    3)KB, what other parts/accessories did you buy?
    thanks in advance
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Thumbs up Pipe Template Software

Bert,

I came across a website some time ago that you will find helpful. It will generate templates that you print off and cut out to make angled intersections of pipe. Much more efficient and professional than cutting v's with a grinder and filling gap with weld. I transferred my paper templates onto some thin red metallic strips I found up here to make it even easier. If you need specs on pipe I.D. O.D. or wall thickness, just print off schedule of pipe page from Mathey Dearman.

Pipe Template Software
    http://www.harderwoods.com/pipetemplate.php

Hopefully the link works off my post, I'm still new here. I know the link works manually.

Later,

I bought all mine separate over time. It started out as a manual unit. The Air/Hydro unit is from a shop crane, I fabbed the brackets for it and the stand. KB's full hydro is the best unit for a rotary draw bender, and a lot faster, but if your on a budget and don't use it for everyday production, the air/hydro works well. I have less than $200 into the conversion. As far as bending 2" schedule 40 pipe, the 105's largest pipe die is 1.5" (1.9" O.D.). I don't believe the 302 will bend over 90*. The 105 will bend to 180*.

TS & Black Wolf,
    THANKS A LOT GUYS for the info
    BW, that pipe calculator is awsome!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to use it until I get my nibbler or hole saw...THANKS!!!

TS: which is supposed to be a better bender? 105 or 302?
    thanks,
    bert
    I'm not late...

Black Wolf,
    Whose Mathey Dearman? and how do I download those specs?
    thanks again,
    bert
    I'm not late...

Thumbs up

Mathey-Dearman is a prominent manufacturer in the U.S. of welding tools & equipment. Beveller's, clamps, layout tools, all the way to rod ovens etc. Really neat stuff if you can afford it.

Main site:
    http://www.mathey.com/products.htm

To get to pipe sizes look on left margin for "Product Tutorials"
    Next screen select "Commercial Pipe Sizes" in pdf format and you're there.

I tried to give you a direct link but it didn't want to work but this will.

Later,
    Last edited by Black Wolf; 05-13-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: direct link to information not working

Thanks Black Wolf
    I'm not late...

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    TS: which is supposed to be a better bender? 105 or 302?
    thanks,
    bert
    I would recommend the 105, many fabricators and shops have that style bender so there is lots of support online for it. The advantage of the 302, is it's smaller and portable, but only bends to 90*.

Bert, check out these guys.

http://jd2.com/

I have the manual one, only have one die, the quality is very good.

Tom

thanks guys!!!
    I'm not late...