Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So I was looking back at this thread, and I have a question. What is the difference between the JD2 Model 3 bender and the Pro-tools 105 bender? With one die, they are about the same price, and a very unreliable source told me they are made by the same company. So the question is, which one is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bareback Jack View Post
    So I was looking back at this thread, and I have a question. What is the difference between the JD2 Model 3 bender and the Pro-tools 105 bender? With one die, they are about the same price, and a very unreliable source told me they are made by the same company. So the question is, which one is better?
    They are both rotary draw benders, basically in function, the same. They are NOT made by the same company and none of the parts or dies are interchangeable. The only major difference is customer service. Pro-Tools, that makes the PT105 has by far the best service and stands behind there product.

Default I Agree with TRSTEK

I bought from JD2.com Great product and you will not beat the price. I have made hundreds of great bends with my $400 bender. Each die set will run you $260-$290. They also sell a tough tube notcher for about $200. Adam
    Webb's Welding and Repair LLC
    MM210 w/a 3035 spoolgun
    Syncrowave 250
    Spectrum 625
    Trialbazer 302 w/HF
    http://webbsweldingandrepair.com/home

KB FAB, what is the biggest you ever did and what wall thickness?
    thanks for the pics again, I'm guessing those are Really smooth bends, right?!
    Looked at lot of different ones, overall, I think I'll get the 105...I'd like to go up to 4", but hey, I'd like to get a 350 DX also!!! 105 should do for now

Problem:
    I have to use it at my dad's house, 'cept everything I do, I have to pack up and put everything away...so with the bender stand, I was thinking of drilling holes in the garage floor and putting in those threaded sleeves flush to the floor and keep caps on it so dirt doesn't get in. Then I can bolt the stand to the floor whenever I need to. thing is, those sleeves don't hold bolts that big/wide...Any other ideas? (I love the stands that you guys have showed me, but there is NO room for me to do that as of yet)
    thanks in advance,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

jetmekdc-10,
    same question applies to you Since you have done over 100's of bends, what is your largest pipe and tubes, thickest wall you've done, and how smooth do they come out???? I'm so confused on which one to buy
    Any more info you guys can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time