Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Ive had it happen

I welded with a cheap ac welder with the same rod, one box worked fine. Good welds, bought another box and had the problem you are having? went back to the first box and they worked fine. so far been only 1 box i found will work. good luck

could be the 2nd box had been on the shelf too long or gotten exposed to some sereous moisture some how. they do have a shelf life as i understand it and need to be kept dry, so that could be the problem.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

in the picture, it looked like the travel speed was too fast, arc length was too long, running too cold, and are you left handed or took the picture upside down?

next to tig, stick is the funnest way to weld. it's more work but once you get good at it, wou'll want to do everything with it.

Here is a good video tutorial of how to arc weld.

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/...eld-finish.htm

Bilbobaker
    welcome and thanks for the link. i cant view it as im on dial up but i'm shore some will enjoy it a lot, and i may try iyt agai if i get a better conection. right now its dragging prity bad. at 1 AM you would think i could get a good conection, well it is saterday night. i supose the **** sites are using up all the line time.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES