Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My experience on dynasties is limited, but i have used an aerowave on aluminum, I was really impressed with the quality of welds it produced and the adjustability of the machine, I guess the question you should really be asking yourself is wich welder would better suit my needs. In terms of cost, usage etc, Please dont get caught up in the hype of inverters are all you need to be a good welder, It is skill that matters not the machine, And if one doesnt understand the basic principles of welders such as frequency, balance amps positve and negative, these machines can be difficult to set up. And may be better of with plain old sqarewave technology. I would of loved to have a dynasty or aerowave but i got my 350lx used at a steal, and it does everything i need it too. If you have the cash to burn it is a very hard question, but if not i recommend looking around for the best welder to meet your requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by tigmaster2012 View Post
    Ok having listened and seen responses towards the machines in question.

THe aerowave will shut down the 350 and 700 by a big margin.
    It has way more adjustability than the newest machines.

The machine would only be inferior when the user another inexperienced welder DOES not know how to run the machine.

Yes the 350 and 700 have more power amps and on the pulser up at 5000pps but that is it. Oh forgot it has 4 different waves of choice but thAT DOES NOT MEAN JACK.IT ONLY MEANS SOMETHING TO THE INTERMEDIATE ADVANCE OR WHAT EVER THEY CALL THEMSELVES AS A PERSON CLAIMING TITLEMENT

Let me repeat that is it

I have ran a old school synchrowave 250 and have blown away welders talking out their neck about how good they are where they work and how much experience they have when they are running the dynasty 350 dx especially on aluminum. Thick thin and everything in between.

It is all about knowing how to finess the weld.

SURE THE NEWEST MACHINES burn faster but we are talking quality and can it be done.

On the synchrowave 250 yes slow yes.

But when paring a highly skilled tig man on an aerowave with a full feature model who has years of experience knows his sh^t on the aerowave.

There is no comparison.

Miller still makes the aerowave if you got the cash.

But the question is which is better.

AEROWAVE PERIOD.

The newest tech on the machines is the same aerowave style tech but gimmicked up to keep sales up.

Especially when you start to seek out a properly taken care of aerowave used at 6-8 grand yes 6-8 grand . Seriously beat machine around 5000 usd

Then next question then comes up why buy old when you can get new.

Then you have to understand why do you need that specific machine say a dynasty 700dx.

everything is all relative.

If your just burning plate and nothing real specific and just like the cool sound and welds it MAKES OUT OF THE BOX. go with a dynasty 200dx and use helium mix

Keep it real.Nobody cares if your hanging down to your ankle.

HOPE it answers your question.

Oh one more thing the newest welders are just user friendly again to keep the sales up and make you look and feel like a god after you test out the newest welders and lay down a few beads.

The machine cannot replace skill.

If you weld all your life on a dynasty 350dx get canned from your job and you test at another shop only running the OLD linde UCC305 machine on thin plate.

Guaranteed you'll probably make welds that look like SH*t

SEASONED VETS will know what Iam talking about
    John Marcella is without doubt hands down the best Aluminum TIG welder I have ever seen, and YOU have ever seen once you click the link I'm adding. If the Aerowave was the **** he wouldn't be selling the one in the link.. Clearly something is better...

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=83501

I own a Dynasty 350 and it's the best TIG welder made in my opinion after 30 years TIG welding. It does it all and best of all it does it all CHEAPLY !! It don't need Helium and it sips power like a humming bird! What more can you ask for?

Default dynasty 350

I have never used an aerowave before but i do have syncro 180, dynasty 350 and if you want to play and you live in florida come.on down you end up buying a dynasty350 forrrrr sure!!!!

"Seasoned Vets" can quickly see that Tigmaster is full of SH1T.

I'd have to go with Andy's assessment over some "baffoon" any day.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    "Seasoned Vets" can quickly see that Tigmaster is full of SH1T.

I'd have to go with Andy's assessment over some "baffoon" any day.
    Well I hate to call people names but in this case knowing what I know about the Dynasty 350 I can't help but agree... However I will NOT say the Aerowave can't give the 350 a run for it's money.. The Dynasty has so much going for it by today's standards. It operates so cheap and performs like a champ ! It honestly has NO drawbacks! A clear winner

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12R View Post
    John Marcella is without doubt hands down the best Aluminum TIG welder I have ever seen, and YOU have ever seen once you click the link I'm adding. If the Aerowave was the **** he wouldn't be selling the one in the link.. Clearly something is better...

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=83501

I own a Dynasty 350 and it's the best TIG welder made in my opinion after 30 years TIG welding. It does it all and best of all it does it all CHEAPLY !! It don't need Helium and it sips power like a humming bird! What more can you ask for?
    If i had an Aerowave I would be selling it as well.... Well maybe not. I have always wanted an aerowave. Seems like the coolest tig ever made. I can picture one just glistening in the corner in all its glory. But from a business stand point it would probably be wise to sell while it still works and you can get top dollar.

I seen this yesterday and remembered this thread.... He covers the Aerowave comparison very well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPgs...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6BV...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKYSL...feature=relmfu

That about covers the Aerowave debate! When the best TIG welder walking talks about TIG welding and is willing to give away free advice one should listen. I know I did and still do.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12R View Post
    I seen this yesterday and remembered this thread.... He covers the Aerowave comparison very well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPgs...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6BV...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKYSL...feature=relmfu

That about covers the Aerowave debate! When the best TIG welder walking talks about TIG welding and is willing to give away free advice one should listen. I know I did and still do.
    Now Ya Dunnit!!!!!...... guess I don't need to move back to the stone age and convert back to steam technology...

HHHHMMMmmmm... Maybe I will keep and use my Dynasty 350 Tigrunner and Dynasty 200DX.... without too much undue guilt.....

Marcella's work is truly elevated to an artform and he surely explains why the Dynasty is a superior machine..... but in my estimation... people will just not "get it" until they use one for a while..... makes me smile each time.....
    Last edited by H80N; 05-17-2012 at 07:27 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

**** I would gladly PAY Marcella for the privileged to ask him 20 questions ! I was also impressed with his remark that he don't use any aid from the machines pulse cycles ETC.. Says he wants 100% control over the puddle 100% of the time! Makes me feel better knowing that's also the way I do it. I realize the pulser can be an advantage but I've found it really works best for repetitive procedures and seldom do I have the same situation twice on any part. As a small funny note added in here........ Over at the Everlast forum their tech adviser openly stated on more than one occasion ------------------> Real welders don't use foot pedals !!! It's was along about that point that I was without doubt he is a fool! I guess Marcella is just a rookie then? Just think how good he'll be when he learns what he's doing... LOL