Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Dynasty 350

2024t3 , The Dynasty is a great machine and you won't regret the purchase . We've had one and purchased another a couple months ago and they're awesome . We don't do much thin stainless but plenty of thin aluminum ( .065 & .049 ) and the machine doesn't miss a beat . I've experienced problems with the newer Syncrowave machines internal cooler not being able to keep up but the Dynasty's hasn't flinched . The presets are nice for regular production . The adjustability is incredible , it actually takes some time getting used to . Miller advertises increased productivity and the Dynasty delivered . The machine went from crate to running in just over an hour . I've never used an Aerowave , seemed like an awesome machine . I could go on about the machine but you need to take it for a real test drive . See if your LWS would rent one and you wouldn't have to pass up work that should pay for the machine and then some . Oh Yeah , since the Dynastys have been here one 350 gets no attention and the other just happens to be in a good location but often has a Dynasty soaking up some glory .

Default Soudetronics

2024 -

Post a pic of your Soudtronics welder when you get a chance....
    thanks

The Dynasty 350 is quite a bit better not only in features but also design. Back in the Aerowave days, the complexity of the machine due to the lack of custom or high power fast switch devices, demanded that we create the "hybrid" welder. Now that technology has stepped up to our design requirements, the Dynasty 350 is much more versitile and easier to build and repair.
    The Dynasty has more wave shape selections than the Aerowave's pure squarewave and is easier to set and run than the Aerowave when you need to make amperage adjustments. There is a bunch of memory locations you can program different jobs to and it's way more portable.

When I get enough saved, I'm getting one also.

Hope this helps.

Andy

A couple years ago b-4 we got a new dynasty 300 at work we were checking pricing on various welders. Our lws pricing on the 300 was about 5600.00 w/cooler & cart. They said that they might be able to get an aerowave yet(back then) but the price for one of them was pushing 10 grand.

Default orbital

GTA/SPEC Soudetronics

2024 -

"Post a pic of your Soudtronics welder when you get a chance"

A sure sign we've accumulated too much junque when I can't remember who made what we've got.

Our orbital tig is French "Polysoude", not the Swiss "Soudronics."
    je soude = I weld

Sorry for the mistake.

Default orbital

Thats ok, What model is it? Ive got a PS356 orbital pipe welder. Its ok, but it doesnt hold a candle to my Dimetrics orbitals.

Default Aerowave vs 350

There is no comparison, especially when you are talking about a unit that several people might operate. you'll be embarassed that you sent work out only to be half as good as you guys could have done yourselves with an Aerowave. The Dynasty 700 is its replacement at about $14-15,000. I have one for sell that is virtually brand new (@90 hours) at half that price. It is the "Rolls Royce" for your needs.
    Anyone can get a hold of me at (970)310-4494- Steve

Red face aero vs dynasty350

Ok having listened and seen responses towards the machines in question.

THe aerowave will shut down the 350 and 700 by a big margin.
    It has way more adjustability than the newest machines.

The machine would only be inferior when the user another inexperienced welder DOES not know how to run the machine.

Yes the 350 and 700 have more power amps and on the pulser up at 5000pps but that is it. Oh forgot it has 4 different waves of choice but thAT DOES NOT MEAN JACK.IT ONLY MEANS SOMETHING TO THE INTERMEDIATE ADVANCE OR WHAT EVER THEY CALL THEMSELVES AS A PERSON CLAIMING TITLEMENT

Let me repeat that is it

I have ran a old school synchrowave 250 and have blown away welders talking out their neck about how good they are where they work and how much experience they have when they are running the dynasty 350 dx especially on aluminum. Thick thin and everything in between.

It is all about knowing how to finess the weld.

SURE THE NEWEST MACHINES burn faster but we are talking quality and can it be done.

On the synchrowave 250 yes slow yes.

But when paring a highly skilled tig man on an aerowave with a full feature model who has years of experience knows his sh^t on the aerowave.

There is no comparison.

Miller still makes the aerowave if you got the cash.

But the question is which is better.

AEROWAVE PERIOD.

The newest tech on the machines is the same aerowave style tech but gimmicked up to keep sales up.

Especially when you start to seek out a properly taken care of aerowave used at 6-8 grand yes 6-8 grand . Seriously beat machine around 5000 usd

Then next question then comes up why buy old when you can get new.

Then you have to understand why do you need that specific machine say a dynasty 700dx.

everything is all relative.

If your just burning plate and nothing real specific and just like the cool sound and welds it MAKES OUT OF THE BOX. go with a dynasty 200dx and use helium mix

Keep it real.Nobody cares if your hanging down to your ankle.

HOPE it answers your question.

Oh one more thing the newest welders are just user friendly again to keep the sales up and make you look and feel like a god after you test out the newest welders and lay down a few beads.

The machine cannot replace skill.

If you weld all your life on a dynasty 350dx get canned from your job and you test at another shop only running the OLD linde UCC305 machine on thin plate.

Guaranteed you'll probably make welds that look like SH*t

SEASONED VETS will know what Iam talking about

Quote Originally Posted by tigmaster2012 View Post
    Ok having listened and seen responses towards the machines in question.

THe aerowave will shut down the 350 and 700 by a big margin.
    It has way more adjustability than the newest machines.

The machine would only be inferior when the user another inexperienced welder DOES not know how to run the machine.

Yes the 350 and 700 have more power amps and on the pulser up at 5000pps but that is it. Oh forgot it has 4 different waves of choice but thAT DOES NOT MEAN JACK.IT ONLY MEANS SOMETHING TO THE INTERMEDIATE ADVANCE OR WHAT EVER THEY CALL THEMSELVES AS A PERSON CLAIMING TITLEMENT

Let me repeat that is it

I have ran a old school synchrowave 250 and have blown away welders talking out their neck about how good they are where they work and how much experience they have when they are running the dynasty 350 dx especially on aluminum. Thick thin and everything in between.

It is all about knowing how to finess the weld.

SURE THE NEWEST MACHINES burn faster but we are talking quality and can it be done.

On the synchrowave 250 yes slow yes.

But when paring a highly skilled tig man on an aerowave with a full feature model who has years of experience knows his sh^t on the aerowave.

There is no comparison.

Miller still makes the aerowave if you got the cash.

But the question is which is better.

AEROWAVE PERIOD.

The newest tech on the machines is the same aerowave style tech but gimmicked up to keep sales up.

Especially when you start to seek out a properly taken care of aerowave used at 6-8 grand yes 6-8 grand . Seriously beat machine around 5000 usd

Then next question then comes up why buy old when you can get new.

Then you have to understand why do you need that specific machine say a dynasty 700dx.

everything is all relative.

If your just burning plate and nothing real specific and just like the cool sound and welds it MAKES OUT OF THE BOX. go with a dynasty 200dx and use helium mix

Keep it real.Nobody cares if your hanging down to your ankle.

HOPE it answers your question.

Oh one more thing the newest welders are just user friendly again to keep the sales up and make you look and feel like a god after you test out the newest welders and lay down a few beads.

The machine cannot replace skill.

If you weld all your life on a dynasty 350dx get canned from your job and you test at another shop only running the OLD linde UCC305 machine on thin plate.

Guaranteed you'll probably make welds that look like SH*t

SEASONED VETS will know what Iam talking about
    You are an idiot. I sold my last linde ucc305 last year to make room for a dynasty 200 that kicks it's azz. I have 4 dynasty350s that replaced aerowaves.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    You are an idiot. I sold my last linde ucc305 last year to make room for a dynasty 200 that kicks it's azz. I have 4 dynasty350s that replaced aerowaves.
    You could get a six-pack of Dynasty 200's in the space from the Linde!

It's funny that tigmaster2012 dug up the dead by posting in a four year old thread!

-Ian
    :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!: