Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question Looking for Static Balancer Plans

Greetings all:

Anyone ever build a static balancer, I'm looking for plans/ideas/tips before I start one. I was concidering using two large casters on each side to support the shaft. Sorry I don't have a drawing yet. Maybe this will help. I plan to use it to balance boat props/propellers that I repair/tig weld up.

Thanks in advance

Chaz-O

A larger scale one of these?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TS-Off-Road; 05-09-2007 at 05:46 PM.

Default Static Balancer

TS-Off-Road:

Yes, more like the second picture only larger scale with bearings in the roller.

My thought was to use casters as the rollers.

I did find one similar to the second picture on E-bay $400.00 WOW ! I'm still sticker shocked.

Thanks

Chaz-O

Something like this would be easy to build, but it would have to be perfectly level to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a $99 balancer for motorcycle tires that could be made to work.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-MA...spagenameZWDVW