Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Controversial topic

I was a member of a police bomb squad, we never got to make a mistake. I have observed your posts on the many welding web forums. When do you get the time to make welding covers? It would appear that several members make more posts, than welds----- on the weldingweb.com site.

Mike

When do you get the time to make welding covers? It would appear that several members make more posts, than welds-----
    in my case if you noticed from my title FUN 4 NOW i dont weld for a living, its the same with many of the people here, possible even you. if you also notice i'm on here off and on just about 24/7 (ya i know i need to get a life) but its due to an injory that i spend a lot of time one the comp. insted of the shop. high pain med levels keep me down a lot but i enjoy welding and do it as a hobby and maybe a side income some time if all works out well.
    as for the covers, well lets just say the wife has the biggest pice of that pie. i just cut the fabric from my patterns i made as i have acumulated several it dosent take to long to cut one, if its a new welder pattern it can take a wile for me to get it compleated but the rest affter that go prity quick as i always make a pattern.
    oh ya i also glue all the seams after she sews them and add the snaps.
    it dose take a wile to get some orders out as there are times when i just cant get out of the house but we do our best and add in a lil some thing extra when ever we run late, as well as always answer our e-mails about the orders.

but i'll work on getting a life for ya ok .
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Fun4now

ha ha ha ha.

You post to much Fun4Now, I'm offended

Is there a limit??

I kinda enjoy everybodies posts, some really cool things to look at
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Is there a limit??
    naaa i got over 5,000 on the other miller board.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default fun4now

Don't think for a minute you owe any of these guys an explaination as to what you do. If you notice the guys that are questioning what we do or scrutinize every item that is posted are the same guys that do not post their own work. We got people asking about our shops, but never post their own. We got people asking about our equipment , but don't show their own. They seem to be experts at finding flaws in everyones work but their own, but yet we have never seen perfection cause they don't post it. We got people criticizing how we build items, but never post their own. See where I'm headed with this? And one other thing, if this guy notices how many posts and how much time you spend in these forums, that can only mean he is spending just as much time looking. So, how does he get anything accomplished with the amount of time he spends reading these posts. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't let what other people think bother you, some of us do enjoy the hard work and creativity that is seen in these posts. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

thanks for the posotive thoughts Dave.
    i have a thicker skin than that or i would never have servived my childhood, much less the Army.
    i just thought it was funny he thought i was on here a lot when i only have like 300 posts here so i thought i would realy push the isue and tell him about the 5,000+ on the other miller board, and thats not even counting the hobart and the other one i frequent. man i need to get a life.
    i enjoy the sites , seeing others work and showing off mine, haveing a good laugh once in a wile as well and would cirtenly never let any one here put me off that. heck what would i do with all my down time if i wasent here. LOL
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

dabar39 and fun4now...WHAT, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MY PICS??!!!
    Well...WAIT TILL YOU SEE THEM!!
    Promise, I'll try to do something this weekend! Spend a few hours trying to download the pics...New job is hard for me...Far as me and this forum...I do it at night instead of watching tv now(notice the time?)...oh wait, American Idol is on...see ya later
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

oh wait, American Idol is on...see ya later
    Haa Haaa!no wonder he is so messed up, he watches that garbage.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Default Bert

My comments were not directed to you in any way, I'm talking about the experts who visit here and critique everyones work, or in general find the need to bad mouth others work. I am talking about the people who are self appointed experts but can't seem to back up what they say. We are all on here for one reason or another, me personally, I like the forum for the ideas, the ability to learn from others, the tech stuff, and of course the few laughs that we take from here. I have no problem answering any ones questions or giving advice, I also have no problem accepting peoples advice or instruction in areas that I'm not so knowledgeable in. I have no problem with people like you who are eager and willing to learn, as I learn something new everytime I visit here. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Thumbs up dabar39

What you said.................... i agree
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]