Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking hillbilly engeneared lift.

had a frend put in a request for a big stump to do some metal work on and i found one but cant pick it up.
    well i got a lift jack a few weeks ago to make a bender, a decent lift, a log splitter and a press out of, using the one jack interchangably . but have not gotten any of the matereals for the real projects yet and as he needs the stump i figured i would just grab some old steel and see what i could come up with to get me down the street and back with a big azz log.
    i figured i would just clamp it to my pull behind trailor so i could lift it up and set it into the trailor and bring it on back home behind the quad. well it turns out the wait tends to pull up on the trailor tung so i had to strap it down to the quad as a counter wait. yea i know its not the way it should be done but its a dump bed trailor so i was afraid it would pop loos and dunp on me. not good so i just threw a few straps to give it a lil back suport. with me hanging on the lawn rooler its about400 or so Lbs hanging off it so it should cover the log lift just fine. i couldnt take a pic of me hanging on it i never used the timer function on the camera so you will just have to take my word for it.
    true case of getting er done with what ya got right there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

If it falls and you get hurt...can I have your tools???
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

well for starters im already prity well hurt, thats why i had to make it, and 2nd i have 2 son's so the tools are coverd for a new owner, but i'll have the wife keep you in mind if the boy's dont want them.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

COOL!!! THANKS!!!
    I'm not late...

Interesting project.

However:
    It needs some duct tape in there somwhere to really finish it off.
    Maybe wrap a few turns around the "C" clamps to be sure they don't come loose.

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Winger Ed,
    C'mn man, don't help him out with SAFETY issues!!!!
    Safety Shmasty... I WANT THOSE TOOLS!!!!!!
    bert
    I'm not late...

Thats hillarious

now thats being creative
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

I think we all can say we are guilty of some dangerous rigging of some sort at one time or another. Gotta love the make something from nothing mentality, tell us weldors we can't do something and we will find a way to rig up something to prove that it can be done. Dave

Bert, glad to see you have everyones safety and well being on the top of your priority list. lol
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Of COURSE I do I just need more tools !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Later, I will show you my HUGE welding shop
    It's pretty good size...maybe put you guys to shame
    I'm not late...

glad every one got a kick out of it.
    now to design a graplig hook to grab the log, them i'll be set to go for it.well that and more time, seems like i never have enough freaking time to get any thing done.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES