Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default just completed my first class of night school

tig welding. have posted photos for comments (good or bad) Obviously going to need lots of practice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats. Well to me It dosent look so bad lets see..
    heat looks good.
    re-start not so good..try re-starting your puddle at the tip of the crater dip rod into puddle to fill crater pause for a one-onethousand count then continue with dip move -dip move progress forward
    Being your new tig welding most of all takes a steady hand/and good eye hand corodination to do effectively.Also move faster that should also help
    Dave.
    Last edited by weldone; 05-02-2007 at 08:01 PM.

Default cheers

thanks for the feed back

Default Don't give up

I just finished 2 years and 2 months of college welding classes going after work 4 nights a week and I can tell you. It's hard when you work all day to work all night but it's worth it. There were times, especiall in the pipe welding classes, that I just had to put the nose to the grindstone and get-r-done!
    so GET-R-DONE!
    Matt Adams A&P, IA
    Trailblazer 302
    Dialarc HF

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.