Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Ed Craig, is this guy legite?

A while back I stumbled across this website http://www.weldreality.com/default2.htm
    and actually took the time to read all of it. (I know, I need a life) Although he does seem to have legitimate points, and the way he carries on make him see reputable, I still have to wonder. (Think Beverly Hills Cop, where Eddie Murphy walk on to the construction site and pretends to be the foreman) After all, he is trying to sell his product, which is the first thing that makes me wonder, and what he says essentially paints 99% of us welders as hackjobs. I just thought I would pose my question here, what do you guys think?

BTW, if you haven't seen his site, you don't have to read the whole thing to get the idea, it's pretty repetive. (And whether or not he can weld, he sure can't design a web page.)
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

He does say why and how he developed his attitude.

Cool

PLANT HELP.... Ed will also visit you facility and provide hands on, instant solutions to all your robot / manual MIG and flux cored weld issues and if you require provide a unique, highly cost effective process control training program. In one to three days you will experience dramatic improvements in your MIG and flux cored weld quality and productivity. Cost $1275 daily plus exp.

Not a bad racket. There is a whole bunch of reading there. More than i desire....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default I'm a skeptical guy

I guess what I find suspicous is the fact that he goes on (and on and on and on) about how NOBODY is able to properly adjust GMAW perameters, automated or manual, BUT, he conveniently he has the solution. (For a small fee. ) Sure there are hack job shops out there, but if the industry was in as bad a state as he says, nothing should be working at all right now. Is this guy just blowing El Toro excrament?
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Talking

"Ed did this, Ed did that, Ed can do this that and everthing else." O PLEASE!!! Give me a brake!

Quote Originally Posted by shorerider16 View Post
    I guess what I find suspicous is the fact that he goes on (and on and on and on) about how NOBODY is able to properly adjust GMAW perameters, automated or manual, BUT, he conveniently he has the solution. (For a small fee. )

You hit the nail on the head.
    Anytime anybody in any industry claims that they, and only they have THE ANSWER, while everyone else in the industry are total idiots??
    That pretty much sums up his website. 927 million idiots vs. one ed craig, the sole repository of the great wisdoms of the metal fussion processes crying out in the wilderness.
    Give me a break.

JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

He gets 20,000 hits a day on his website?

There's nothing like paying somebody in a suit and tie three times what you could pay a skilled blue collar welder to do.

I like this pic I found on his webpage though: