Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great looking bench, I love the combination of wood and metal. How many hours you got into it?

This may be a Hybrid Workbench in your eyes.... but I call it a work of ART !! I commend you on your talent, skill and desire to achieve excellence. Totally above board and I thank you for sharing ot with us. Is there a set of plans to this masterpiece that you would like to share?
    Best Regard,

Miller Passport
    Miller 225G
    Red 255
    VIctor O/A
    Wish list:
    Maxstar 150STH or
    Syncrowave 250DX
    A Dynasty 300 if I am wishing really hard..

Default No Current Plans

Thanks for the nice words. Currently I don't have any plans for the "T-Shape" design, but might have an article submitted to "Fine Woodworking" magazine before the year is out.

Bill

Default weld

Quote Originally Posted by BilljustBill
    Thanks for the nice words.
    Bill
    Bill, Will you use this as a welding table too?
    *LOL*
    Great job!
    Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Wow that looks real nice.
    Joe
    Tecumseh, MI

Default ON to the Next Project...

You fellows have been great with your comments. I'm on to another project, 20ft long by 3ft. deep shelving built like those at Home Depot and Lowes.... The shelving arms are held in place with 1" diameter steel pins, so when I don't need the shelving, they can be "UNPLUGGED" and taken down for more flexible use of the space...
    I'm mounting the arms, not welding them, to the wall framework. The vertical members are welded to weldplates tied into the rebar and slab's deep and wide footing. The wall framework is 3X3" and 4X4" steel tubing reinforced with rebar and each is filled with concrete to not only support the outside wall, but take the heavy side loading of the stacks of dense hardwood lumber. Welding sure helps me keep the cost down and therefore, lets me have things I could never afford to have done....

Bill

Default The Tape Arrived

The NICE new tape arrived March 3rd, here in North Texas. When I also saw the cost of shipping, $5+, I fully realized the depth of Customer Committment and Service MILLER is STILL known for.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!
    Bill

Default Dual Sport bench

New here but I like your bench. What do you keep stored inside it? I'd like to see more pics if you have them. What I would like to see most is more of the finished product. I definately will have to build something multi-functional myself. Did you reference one you had seen somewhere else or was it totally from scratch?
    If I missed the answers from somewhere else I apologize, just let me know and I'll keep looking.
    Last edited by fdburner; 03-08-2006 at 01:16 AM.
    Time to learn & Time to burn...

The workbench came from "collecting" materials for several years. I researched, read, hunted, viewed, and talked to gather ideas that I could mesh with the materials. I also needed an assembly table. \
    It appears all the American workbenches had a tool tray, so instead of wasting one side of the workbench, I decided to put it in between the two benchtops. Some people prefer a height of where the back of your knuckles would touch, but I made the height of the tops the height of where the palms of my hands are when my arms are straight on each side of my body. That's about 2"-3" higher and better for my back....

Here are two more shots showing a detail of the base framework without the benchtops which is the corner trimwork. The other show it with the end and center sliding storage shelves extended. They allow an easy way to organize power and hand tools as well as provide a short reach to use them.

Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Measure Twice, Cut Once!

I guess Bill will be parking outside the garage now! Or he'll be moving the workbench into the living room--afterall, it IS on wheels! Good Job!

Wood is great and easier on sawblades! You weld it with glue and sawdust!

Reminds me of an old carpenter joke: Young apprentice says to his boss: "I cut it twice and it's still too short!"

I worked as a carpenter with an old Jamaican who loved to bust nuggets. He'd say "Hit it like a maaan, not like a ooohman!"
    TA Arcmaster 185 w/TIG/Stick Kit
    MM210 w/3535 Frankengun
    MM140 w/o AS w/SM100 & CO2
    Hobart (Miller) 625 Plasma
    Hobart 250ci Plasma
    Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
    Lincoln Patriot Autodark (freebie)
    .45ACP Black Talons for those difficult jobs