Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile New too

Hi, I also am new here. Have been lingering around for a few months now and am very impressed with everyone here. I have learned alot and have a lot more to learn. My latest purchase was a Dynasty 300DX tiggrunner. Can't wait to get started. I just built myself a 40 x 60 shop this last summer. Will finish it off with white steel on the walls and ceiling this summer. 100amp service with water, cable and phone. 12 1/2 ft side walls. Will be installing a car hoist along with a pedistal hoist this summer. My next step is wiring and insulation. I will post pics one of these days. It's hard to find time to work with a 15yr,2 1/2yr, and a 4mth old kids. I hope I can offer some good advice and get some too. Take care all.
    Spectrum 375 plasma cutter
    Spectrum 2050 plasma cutter
    Millermatic DVI with 3035 spool gun
    Millermatic 350P with 30A spool gun
    Dynasty 300DX Tigrunner
    Miller Legend
    Miller Pipepro 304

Default Good luck

Good luck with your chillin i have 5 boys myself what a blast

Quote Originally Posted by WeldTeach
    Hi,

I just found the message boards. I'm a second year HS welding/manufacturing teacher and am looking forward to spending some time here!
    Welcome, its a good place to spend some time.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702
    I hated growing up in the city. I only got to HEAR about high schools that taught welding or any idustrial arts, as they called them. Oh, and archery in PE was completely out of the question!
    Archery and welding...hey now you are talking about two of my favorite things!

I've spent about 8 years in the custom ag-machinery fabrication business after completing a 2yr weld associates degree and now am enjoying teaching. I'm in the middle of pretty much revamping a HS weld and manufacturing shop. Industrial classes arent going away here, in fact...our wing industrial wing at the HS was just completed as it was updated and remodeled.

Look forward to spending some time here...oh and by all means if anyone has any cool projects that I can use in my classes...I'd love to hear about them...I'm always on the lookout.