Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

ferg123 Guest

Default wire feed problem with hobart mig

I have hobart handler 175 mig. It was working fine until recently, when I started welding it welded a short time, the wire speed started to slow, and then it stopped. If I waited a few seconds it would start welding again but with the same results. I replaced the wire feed motor but had no luck. I noticed on the heat range switch that the wire feed would progressively get faster from setting 1 to 2 but to 3 it slowed a bit and on 4 it sped up. Is the temp. control switch going bad? It doesn't matter if I'm feeding wire or just running the motor without wire it still will slow down and stop!

Welome to our party!

I sounds like a bad wire feed speed potentiometer. If the machine is in warranty, Hobart will send you a new part immediately if you contact Technical Support. Even if your machine is out of warranty, they'll still help you!

Try posting you issue on the Hobart board www.hobartwelders.com/mboard and see what respnse you get.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137