Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ridesideways View Post
    no, you're wrong. the names are actually rated correctly, but the miller specs are under-rated. you can run the 350DX @ 350A on 1 phase power for a decent duty cycle (at least 40% but i didn't measure it). i know because i've done it and it works fine.
    No, your wrong...
    The specs come out of the owners manual..
    In the 350 manual it says 250amps at 30% duty cycle!!!
    So why is it called a 350? Because u can weld at 350amps for 1 1/2 minute?
    Also in the owners manual it says,,, NOTICE − Exceeding duty cycle
    can damage unit and void warranty.

Well Im a nut I guess as I like to pay for bells and whistles hence why i bought a full feature aerowave at over 10 k many years ago . Tried the new 350 but honestly It had not one advantage over my aerowave .IMO . Im still kinda old school and prefer to do most of my aluminum with a zirc balled tung .and my frequency at 40 on anything over 1/8" inch with around a 58 to 62 balance and I do run my ep around 130 and my neg up to 300 . I love the pulse etc.. and the abililty to adjust both pos and neg amperage as saves the hassle of going to a 1/8 tung i can use 3/32 for most of my stuff with just a quick change for mild steel moly etc.. to aluminum without changing collets .also on that note though for portable stuff the dyn 200 is the cats bum .
    Miller aerowave full feature
    Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
    dynasty 200 dx
    lincoln sp 135 plus
    302 trailblazer
    s22p12
    powcon starcut
    cp 400 metal spray

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    We absolutely know where our holes are and second, why would we tell the world our long term goals just to have the competition run to fill them.
    Because the delay in letting people know that you have something on the way to fill a gap can cost you customers. If you lose their business on the next machine, they could change loyalties to another company.
    Now I know some would say YES, but in the big picture, the industrial customer or heavy Aluminum customer this machine was designed for has no issue with the cost verses the added features.
    Our plant welds aluminum all day, every day. We sell nothing but aluminum products. From what I have found, the 350 hasn't got any features that help us, but they to confuse/complicate matters for many welders that couldn't chart out a 60%+ Ac wave if their life depended on it. Sad, but few welders actually understand that stuff. Even the ones that do have not seen any benefit. If you have any tips on setting these parameters, I'm all ears though.
    Be advised, we know what the market wants, and the plans have been on paper long before anyone here thinks they know better.
    Do you have any mid-year options coming out, or will there be no changes till the next year?
    I hope this soothes some of your concerns.
    It's good to hear something, even if it's not something I wanted to hear, or if I don't particularly agree with it. Sometimes no news is bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by ShieldArc View Post
    No, your wrong...
    The specs come out of the owners manual..
    In the 350 manual it says 250amps at 30% duty cycle!!!
    So why is it called a 350? Because u can weld at 350amps for 1 1/2 minute?
    Also in the owners manual it says,,, NOTICE − Exceeding duty cycle
    can damage unit and void warranty.
    lol yes i know it says those specs in the manual. the manual was clearly written by someone whose intent was to prevent litigation-- the 350DX is just getting warmed up at 250A.

well.. i guess all i can say is enjoy your 250A machine...

Lincoln is about to release their new INVERTEC V305-T Tig machine, now you know why miller hasnt filled the hole, they need to copy the Lincoln machine again. You will be shocked at what this machine will have and do coal.
    I cant say no more, i'll get shot..

OOOHHHHH YEA!!!!

Competition is good for bizness

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Here it is and its not rated at 15% duty cycle. hahahahaha

Invertec V310-T AC/DC
    Customize the Arc with Dynamic Display

The Invertec V310-T AC/DC is the most technologically advanced TIG welder in its class. The large bright LCD screen shows all of your settings at a single glance. This patent-pending dynamic display changes as you adjust the machine to show the effect of each setting - makes set-up of this full featured machine a snap. Once you get the machine set how you like it simply save your settings to memory for easy recall later. Couple this with inverter arc performance, lightweight size, and low current draw makes the V310-T AC/DC ideal for any shop or field applications like advanced motorsports, aerospace, shipbuilding, and construction.

• Dynamic LCD Display – Shows the effect of adjusting the various welding parameters making setup simple.
    • Adjustable AC Frequency and Selectable Waveshapes – Allows you to customize the arc.
    • Soft, Crisp and AC Stick Modes - Excellent welding performance for all electrode, even E6010!
    • Optional Cool-Arc 35 “Smart” water cooler – Digitally controls the speed of the water cooler’s 3-phase pump motor based on coolant temperature for quiet operation and long dependable life.
    • 208-460 1/3 phase auto-reconnect – Weld just about anywhere with minimal set up.
    • High Efficiency Inverter-Yields extremely low input currents.

Product Name Product Number Input Power
    Rated Output
    Current, Voltage,
    Duty Cycle
    (104F, 40C) Input Current @ Rated Output Output Range HxWxD Net Weight
    Phase Voltage/ Hertz
    Invertec
    V310-T AC/DC K2228-1 Three-Phase 460/50/60 210A/18.4V/100%
    230A/19.2V/60%
    310A/22.4V/40% 7.3
    12.3 3-310 A

Max OCV : 80V 17.3 x 10.6 x 24 75 lbs
    230/50/60 210A/18.4V/100%
    230A/19.2V/60%
    310A/22.4V/30% 13.9
    Single-Phase 460/50/60 200A/18.0V/100%
    220A/18.8V/60%
    310A/22.4V/35% 13.6
    230/50/60 200A/18.0V /100%
    220/18.8V/60%
    310A/22.4V/25% 21.9
    208/50/60 200A/18.0V /100%
    220A/18.8V /60%
    310A/22.4V/25% 24.2

Interesting. Time will tell if Lincoln has solved the problem of a reduced amperage output while in Tig, squarewave-mode, with high AC frequencies.
    Also, when it comes to duty-cycle ratings, keep in mind that those specified are for GTAW with Argon. SMAW at the same amperage has significantly higher arc voltages and lower duty-cycle ratings to match. Miller's duty-cycle ratings are based on the worse case power draws of SMAW. That said, I'm looking forward to test driving one. Miller has been the King of Tig for a long, long, time. Maybe now they will start to get some real competition from Lincoln.

-dseman

Dandimand, You have the Cats Bum in the Aerowave,,Absolutely and posatively. I also agree with the Dynasty 200DX comment, I do mostly 1/8" wall Al tubing and it varies alot in quality. The 200 DX makes up for where I am lacking. Rescently I welded some dirty stuff with 3/32" 2% ceriated, 200 amps 60% balance 250Htz and 500PPS unbelievable, shaking the puddle and floating all the crap to the top. Just a slight buzz with a roloc and life is gooood!!!

Engloid while I understand the wave chart, what the additional adjustability does for me is saving me from needing a heavier machine on a shoestring budget. Yes a Traditional machine would do most of it fine, I am just not quite that good and the machine makes up for my inequities. I could wish for your skill, but I play the string I have to the best of my ability. You as with alot of the guys here are craftsmen of the highest caliber.

I commend you all, and thank you for the education you provide.

Peace,

Thumbs up 200dx 350dx...

Defenetly would be great to have dynasty 250 but I guess Miller has its own reasons.
    my first Miller tig was Diversion 160 and with 20% helium mixed with argon I was blasting 1/4 aluminum with no problem putting little buddy into the limit without paying atencion to duty cycle many time.
    I sold it about year ago to buddy of mine and little Diversion is still working with no problems at all.
    After Diversion I got Syncrowave 200 good working horse but it didnt gave me nothing that little Diversion didnt...
    Im getting Dynasty 200dx tomorrow with cooler and all gagets needed, I didnt have extra $ to spend on 350dx and Im not sure how often I'll weld thicker than 1/4 aluminum and if I do I'll add up some helium and I believe with no problem I'll reach about those 250A with it that some of us whine about...
    So lets dont forget how Miller is been good to us by giving us best machines on the market period and not to talk about great customer service... no doubt no one is perfect but these guys are pretty **** close!
    I know one thing and that is that I will always buy Miller and always wave their flag, Thank you Guys and merry Christmas and happy holidays.
    DYNASTY 350 DX
    DYNASTY 200 DX
    MILLERMATIC 251
    1942 MONARCH CK-12 LATHE
    1969 BRIDGEPORT J-2 HEAD MILL
    SCOTCHMAN 350 COLD SAW
    DAKE 200 BENDER
    BEAUMONT METALWORKS KMG BELT GRINDER