Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

10-4
    I think you will grow to like it more that you think

A

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    10-4
    I think you will grow to like it more that you think

A
    Oh make no mistake, I like it just fine. I was just expressing that in hindsight, I would have just kept my 300. That said, I have it and can guarantee you I will take it to it's full potential.

DYNASTY 350 AUTO-LINE TIGRUNNER,300A TORCH KIT Mfg. List $8882.00
    Yeah right...

Quote Originally Posted by ShieldArc View Post
    DYNASTY 350 AUTO-LINE TIGRUNNER,300A TORCH KIT Mfg. List $8882.00
    Yeah right...
    That's list price though, you can buy them for just under $6800 as a "buy it now" price on Ebay and that's complete with the Tig runner kit.
    Looking at that price from here in Australia I think it's a bargain considering the machine you're getting.
    If I were in the market for a larger machine than my current 300 amp OTC the Dynasty 350 would be 1st on my shopping list. I wouldn't bother going through the distributor here in Oz I would simply buy direct from the USA and get it shipped over privately as we get scr3wed by the distributor over here.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by awill4x4 View Post
    That's list price though, you can buy them for just under $6800 as a "buy it now" price on Ebay and that's complete with the Tig runner kit.
    Looking at that price from here in Australia I think it's a bargain considering the machine you're getting.
    If I were in the market for a larger machine than my current 300 amp OTC the Dynasty 350 would be 1st on my shopping list. I wouldn't bother going through the distributor here in Oz I would simply buy direct from the USA and get it shipped over privately as we get scr3wed by the distributor over here.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.
    Im just thinking for the average guy who doesnt need bells and whistles to weld aluminum.
    How would you get warranty work done over there if you bypass the distributor?

Im just thinking for the average guy who doesnt need bells and whistles to weld aluminum.
    How would you get warranty work done over there if you bypass the distributor?
    When it comes to aluminium I love to play with the settings and my OTC inverter and my new 230 amp Kemppi inverter certainly allow me lots of variables to play with. A lot of weldors I know just like to use the amperage and possibly the AC balance controls to get a reasonable weld, I don't, I want to know what settings do what and to get the very best out of the machine if I can.
    As for warranty, most of the industrial machines only have 12 months warranty and in all honesty with 4 tig machines (Esab DTA 200, Miller Syncrowave 250, OTC AVP 300 and Kemppi MLS 230) we've never had a problem within the warranty period and if it's out of warranty we'll get in a welding technician to find and fix the problem.
    From memory, over the last 7 years we've only had the weld tech guy in 2-3 times at the most and only for minor problems. These machines are pretty reliable and they cop a beating all year round, although the Miller doesn't get turned on much now since I've had the OTC machine.
    Regards Andrew from Oz

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    About the $$ difference, if one was to compare costs, the list price of the Dynasty 300 Tigrunner at $3971, the D350 TR is barely $300 more. When shopping for the Ferrari of Tig welders, do you really haggle over the $300??
    Yea, where do I find those prices!!! The 350 tr lists at $8295.. My LWS doesn't knock 50% off list!!

Default Oops

OOPS, finger typo

Dynasty 300 tigrunner LISTS at $7971
    Dynasty 350 tigrunner LISTS at $8290

About $300

A

This is what i see in the single phase DC TIG ratings,

Dynasty200 is rated
    100amps at 100% duty cycle
    150amps at 60%

Dynasty300 is rated
    180amps at 100% duty cycle
    200amps at 40% duty cycle

Dynasty350 is rated
    180amps at 100% duty cycle
    225amps at 60% duty cycle

Syncrowave 250
    200amps at 60% duty cycle
    250amps at 40% duty cycle

Syncrowave350
    300amps at 60% duty cycle
    350amps at 40% duty cycle

The problem is the Dynastys names are over-rated. The Dynasty200 name is over rated worst, it should be a Dynasty160 or 175 at most.
    no, you're wrong. the names are actually rated correctly, but the miller specs are under-rated. you can run the 350DX @ 350A on 1 phase power for a decent duty cycle (at least 40% but i didn't measure it). i know because i've done it and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RonL View Post
    I think the niche they need to fill is a 208/230 volt single phase only shop tig machine on the order of the Shopmate 300DX. I would like the single phase capabilities of the dynasty 350DX but it would be foolish of me to spend the money on an expensive 1/3 phase machine that will spend the rest of its life in a single phase shop. I would assume that it would be cheaper to make a single phase 208/230 volt only machine if the sales volume is there. I believe that the sales volume is there as there are many who have single phase only. I think the apparent success of Thermal Arcs 185 AC/DC Arcmaster shows that people will buy a 208/230 volt single phase machine that is cheaper and simpler than the equivalent 1/3 phase machine.

RonL
    i wouldn't write off the 350DX based on those (rational) assumptions. first, i've found that it runs just fine at full power 350A on 1 phase powere, even though the specs don't say it. second, the cost of a high-quality rotary phase converter is pretty small (~ $900) compared to the cost of the 350DX welder-- and once you have the phase converter then you're guaranteed to get full power from 3 phase input.