Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Welding Photographer

Hello, my name is Chad Ward. I am a welding engineer and a photographer. I recently did some welding photos and would like to share them here. Please visit my website: http://www.ccwardphotography.com

Once you are on the website just click the welding category. Hope you enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!

Did you use a HDR camera or Photoshop?
    2007 Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    2005 Miller Passport 180

That is sweet!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Default equipment

I am using a Canon T1i, this was shot in RAW but no HDR and no Photoshop other than Adobe RAW to do simple editing.

Nice work. "Tig Root 3" is the only photo I've ever seen of someone feeding Tig filler through the gap. Not a commonly used technique, so it's really cool to see a picture of it. Is it ok to save a copy? (non commercial use and I'll leave the watermark alone - promise)

Reason I asked about HDR was that I've been researching Ultra-high dynamic range for shooting welding video. It's some mighty expensive equipment! Prices seem to be coming down, I hope within a few years it will be within reach.
    2007 Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    2005 Miller Passport 180

Quote Originally Posted by cw13 View Post
    I am using a Canon T1i, this was shot in RAW but no HDR and no Photoshop other than Adobe RAW to do simple editing.
    I like your pics. Nice exposure. What mode were you shooting in? I just got the T2i with the kit lens 18-55 and the 250 mm IS. What card are you using? What class?
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MR.57 View Post
    Nice work. "Tig Root 3" is the only photo I've ever seen of someone feeding Tig filler through the gap. Not a commonly used technique, so it's really cool to see a picture of it. Is it ok to save a copy? (non commercial use and I'll leave the watermark alone - promise)

Reason I asked about HDR was that I've been researching Ultra-high dynamic range for shooting welding video. It's some mighty expensive equipment! Prices seem to be coming down, I hope within a few years it will be within reach.
    I don't care if you save a copy to use for a background or something. I have done HDR photos with some software but yes some of this stuff is super expensive! The guy doing the backfeed like that is a friend of mine and that is also how I was taught. I am glad you liked the photos!

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I like your pics. Nice exposure. What mode were you shooting in? I just got the T2i with the kit lens 18-55 and the 250 mm IS. What card are you using? What class?
    Nick
    My card is a Secure Digital Delkin Pro 8G, class 6, 22MB/s 150x, my camera is a
    T1i, I used the 18-55mm IS for most of the shots, the IS really helps in the low light conditions so i did not have to use a tripod. I shoot exclusivly RAW in Manual mode. Thanks for viewing!

Hope Carhartt sees these pictures, might be some serous advertizing coin for you!

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Hope Carhartt sees these pictures, might be some serous advertizing coin for you!
    Or Tillman welding gloves! I can only hope so...