Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: favorite tools

Default tools

I like all tools. you can't get the job done without them and that means no money. Kris
    Kris
    Millermatic 250
    Miller 180 tig

I like any quality tools but my favorite is my Bluepoint scribe. It scratches, marks, checks magnetism, and picks slivers. Also good for practical jokes. I love my Makita 5in grinders except they have cheesy cords.

Talking

I love my matobo 4 1/2" so much I can't stand using other grinders

Funny I have had the same experience with grinders as you two. I have an old makita that is tough but the cord sucks and I have 2 metabos that I think are the best.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Talking

I'll try to get some pics of my grinder on here as soon as I can. It's been beat on like no tomorow and it shows. But it still works just like they day I got it.

Smile

You guy's convinced me. I'm gonna track down a Metabo and try it out. Thanks everyone for the input.

you will like the metabo except for the $$$.
    but as we all know you gotta spend a bit to get a decent tool. the portacabels i got off e-bay at $50 were about the best deal on a great grinder, i have beat the poo out of them and they are still running strong.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Talking

My father is a comercial concrete finnisher (has been for over 30 years) and he says concrete finishers love Matobo's. They are notorius for handling the dust realy well and concrete finishers beat on grinders more than anyone else I've seen.

Default favorite tool

Seems to me the overwhelming choice for favorite tool is the 4 1/2" grinder
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
    My father is a comercial concrete finnisher (has been for over 30 years) and he says concrete finishers love Matobo's. They are notorius for handling the dust realy well and concrete finishers beat on grinders more than anyone else I've seen.
    Thanks. I work on heavy equipment and alu. oil tankers so dust resistance is a must and stanger things have happened than dropping one inside a tanker so tough is good.