Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: favorite tools

OH YA!!! we know what tool he is playing with over in the corner . LOL
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Plasma cutters..........Could there ever have been anything more useful made??
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

portaband

Jancy rotabroach
    I connect steel so I have to add the bull pin and a ten pound BFH

Also my Milwaukee 28v cordless set that Jessy James gave me.

TJ
    TJ______________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
    Jancy rotabroach
    I connect steel so I have to add the bull pin and a ten pound BFH

Also my Milwaukee 28v cordless set that Jessy James gave me.

TJ
    Jessy James gave you?? They made 28V cordless drills back then!!!
    Scott

plasma cutters are nice but they can get expensive fast if you use them a lot, the tips are way over priced for what they are i think.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    plasma cutters are nice but they can get expensive fast if you use them a lot, the tips are way over priced for what they are i think.
    Your right about that, they do get expensive. Esecially i drag mine alot on sheet metal. but man do they work good. Unlike a torch you can just lay them down, and they don't heat up the surrounding area much and will cut most anything..
    Scott

I have to agree with Fat-Fab, the best tool is the BFH. Dead-blow, mini sledge, chain store, hardware store… it doesn’t matter the brand the bigger the better. Bad day at work, something outside needs straightening. Parts not lining up, the answer is in the drawer. BFH… it’s practical and therapeutic. Sounds like its time for me to see the head doctor again.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    I have to agree with Fat-Fab, the best tool is the BFH. Dead-blow, mini sledge, chain store, hardware store… it doesn’t matter the brand the bigger the better. Bad day at work, something outside needs straightening. Parts not lining up, the answer is in the drawer. BFH… it’s practical and therapeutic. Sounds like its time for me to see the head doctor again.
    Just get more things to beat on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scott

i would have to agree with the 4 1/2" angle grinder. I have a 7 two but the 4 1/2 is used the most. sometimes i find the cheepy off brand tools i own work out in my favor although its always nice to have ur makita or dewalt around.