Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool The making of a rear step bumper

I thought somebody might be interisted.This is on the back of a F450
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Nice work

looks real good, nice work. Dave
    make sure you post the completed pics when you are done
    Last edited by dabar39; 04-25-2007 at 07:59 PM.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Thumbs up step bumer

that looks like it well make it easyer on your self and your back. thanks for the pics.have fun
    miller bobcat 250
    wc 115a
    spoolmatic 30a
    centery 250 mic
    2 lincoln 225 stick
    a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

Darmik: That is nice to see someone make a real bumper instead of the pressed tin crap that comes with some of the new vehicles. Nice job.

Default Darmik

That looks like an Altec pedastel in the front of the body????. Actually the body looks very similar to ours except ours are F550s. Now we're using the GM 5500. Good looking bumper, Don't worry it will get all bent up before long we fix those all the time.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

looks like a realy nice design.
    its not going to interfear with the hitch is it ?? dose the truck normaly have a hitch on it ??
    be shore to show us the finished pic's
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Don't know about Darmiks truck in the picture, but none of our small bucket trucks have hitches. just tow hooks,They usually are loaded to the max as it is
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

you could always just scoot over to my shop and i could build you a custom hitch
    Very nice step by the way
    Jorgensen MFG.
    Custom trailers:from utility to semi trailers i make em all.
    argonweld_bjorn@hotmail.com
    www.ehhitch.com

i wasent shore what the truck was for i just noticed some of them tend to pull power stations like air or lighting so i figured they all had hitches, i supose thats allways a good next project, new hitch hockup.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cool Making of a rear step bumper. Done

You could put a hitch on but this truck came with a pintel type hitch I had to remove it to build this.for our customer base there is no dwgs no pics no ideas you dream it I'll build it.On this truck they did not want a hitch at all on the truck so with the spare pintel I made this pic # 495 it's to move trailers around the yard.However they did come with a hitch.And as for fix and repair; The stuff that I build "I" dont do made in china, If you want something that will out last your unborn children talk to me I'll help you through it or build it for you for the cost of material "I do love my job".
    Attached Images Attached Images