Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Used Hypertherm Max 20

I have a chance to look at a Hypertherm max 20 that's used but in good condition. Is this too old of a unit for replacement parts?
    I believe the asking price is around $100 give or take, yes or no for the price?
    Will this unit cut thru mesh without a restart everytime it cuts thru a section?
    What would the material thickness limits be for a clean cut?
    Thanks in advance.

Anyone?
    I have less than a hour before the business closes besides other people have shown an intrest.
    Parts still available should I buy it?

I'm probably too late, but consumables are still available.

I just got back, it's still there and in an estate antique store no less.
    On the back is an inspection tag dated 11-76 plus a filter/regulator.
    My fear was replacement consumable parts for a 31 year old machine.
    My guess is clean cutting up to 3/16" material and thicker with lower quality.
    This unit had a $125 tag marked down to $115 I bet he'll go lower, **** a good condition Skillsaw for $40.
    I'll talk to him on tuesday and thanks for the information.

Carl, if you do score it, Hypermax.org, seems to have the best selection of parts (torches and leads as well as consumables), and may have internal parts as well.

Quick answers with great people makes this forum the best around, thanks for the parts address. I know a small plasma machine but then it's for home hobby use like the 350 Synchro, 251 w/30A, lathe and Bridgeport.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl W. View Post
    I know a small plasma machine but then it's for home hobby use like the 350 Synchro, 251 w/30A, lathe and Bridgeport.
    believe me for that price i'd camp out to score it, there is one on E-bay going for $600 "buy it now" and it's broken (needs work).

it appears the MAX20 uses the PAC110 torch, the same torch is used on the Hypertherm PowerMax 350 & PowerMax 380(?) so consumables may be available at any LWS.

What is the air pressure required to run this machine plus the clearance between the torch and and the materal cut? I know nothing abot plasmas.
    Will it sever .200" material, quality not an issue plus what is the maximum thickness for a quality cut?
    When I go to test it what thickness material should I use and how many seconds per inch should I expect.
    Thanks everyone.

What is the air pressure required to run this machine plus the clearance between the torch and and the materal cut? I know nothing
    Will it sever .200" material, quality not an issue plus what is the maximum thickness for a quality cut?
    When I go to test it what thickness material should I use and how many seconds per inch should I expect?
    Thanks everyone.

pressure 60-65PSI
    sever 0.25
    quality 0.187
    rated 0.125

speed? 20-21" rated, 15-16" quality, SLOW" sever. these speeds may differ until you get comfortable.
    stand off 1/16" maybe a lil' bit more. you could drag this machine, but it's harder on the consumables (double arcing)

manual: https://www.hypertherm.com/library/f...)/800710r4.pdf

PAC110 repair instructions: https://www.hypertherm.com/library/f...)/801200r0.pdf

literature email request: literature.request@hypertherm.com

street address and tele.:
    Hypertherm, Inc.
    Etna Road, P.O. Box 5010 Hanover
    NH 03755 USA
    603-643-3441 Tel (Main Office)
    800-643-0030 Tel - Toll Free in USA and Canada

pdf of torch consumables and parts:
    http://www.hypertherm.com/languages/...X20_oldrev.pdf