Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    I do the same as some of these guy's with a 40 tpi or higher circular saw blade. A friend of mine does aluminum hurricane shutters and he says they use a skill saw with the blade turning backwards to reduce the ripping and jagged edge on light gauge stuff like you are working with, never heard of this before so now I got to try it to see if he is pulling my leg. Dave
    Oh yeah Dave, it does work but is very noisy, we use that backwards method for cutting metal sheeting for a metal bldg. expansion on the place, using a used up carbide blade, however don't remember it being such a cute cut.
    There are metal blades on the market for wood circle saws, I think MetalD*vil is one, might research on Weld Take board, seems like that was discussed sometime back.
    If you have quiet a bit to cut might consider a true metal circle like the Evolution 230 Extreme as I have, tis a 9", but they are pricey.
    Good Luck
    L*S
    Last edited by Leons2003; 04-20-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: text

Thanks to everyone for all of the great info!

JD

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.