Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

TS Offroad,in the picture of your tubing racks,did you bend the arms out of tube and weld to some angle or channel uprights? I need to make some for my shop and I can't tell exactly what you have,but want to copy them. Thanks.

Default shop pictures

Here are some pictures of the shop I am working out of right now, I am in the process of moving into a new larger location. When I get set up in new shop I will post them as well. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dabar39; 04-21-2007 at 08:56 AM.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Default shop pictures

This is the building I'm fixin to move into. when I get it set up I will post pics. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

I built my dream shop this past year. It's 100'x50' with a 100'x25' covered porch on the back side. Main shop is 22' high in the center with 16' eaves with a 3/12 pitch. Covered porch is 1/12 pitch with 14' eave height. Overhead doors on the front are 12x12. Rear overhead door is 14x12. The shop is divided into four rooms 25x50, 50x50, 25x38 and 12x25 with a second floor. There is a 2 ton overhead lift built into the frame in my welding room. Total turn key cost (slab, building and erecting) was under $13 a square foot.

Hi Gang,This is what my wife refers to as "THE TOYBOX".I too suffer from Junkitis but now that I am retired maybe I can find the time to reorganize.The first pic is my syncro 250,shopmaster 300 and toolbox.#2 is hacksaw,drillpress,frame drill,2050 plasma cutter and aircompressor. #3 is shelving and alot of junk I don't know what else to do with,the stove is one I grabbed out the junk to heat cast iron. The building is 30' by 40' withe a 12' by 14' door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnford View Post
    TS Offroad,in the picture of your tubing racks,did you bend the arms out of tube and weld to some angle or channel uprights? I need to make some for my shop and I can't tell exactly what you have,but want to copy them. Thanks.
    I sure did! - 1.75" x .120 DOM round and 2" x 2" x.120 square tube. I like 'em because they hug the wall nicely and have no sharp corners or ends sticking out to bang against.

And here is my dream come true, 40 x 64 with 14ft. side wall. One 18x12 roll up. Second picture is of the main work bench area. I also like to try to clean up at night, but it don't always happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KB Fabrications View Post
    So I'm curious why you, and SSS, haven't shown any pics. Since SSS started the thread and all.
    I will take some, had to go on vacation first. You know, most important things first Maybe take some next couple of days. Got a new digital camera so will have to see how it does. Some of the guys on here really have some neat shops, cool equipment and trucks.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    This is the building I'm fixin to move into. when I get it set up I will post pics. Dave
    Looks like that will make you a nice building
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

dabar39
    that looks like its going to be a realy nice shop.
    good looking trailors getting built there, how do you manage to compeat with the big builders ?? i looked into building one onece and the parts and steel alown were about 2X the price of the ones on the market
    i supose you just build a better trailor and sell to thouse willing to pay for quality???
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES