Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Project Specific Thread: Welding Shops

Ok, so it's not exactly a "project" but I wanted to keep the idea going. Per HMW's suggestion, let's look at some different shop set ups that are out there. I know I am always looking at better ways to lay things out and other ideas. I'm not above stealing ideas!! SSS

Just as a side note, I would be careful with my pictures and not include too much info as far as specific locations and the like. Too many freaks in the world that would want to "borrow" your stuff

Cool

SSS, My shop is so full i couldn't begin to take a good pic. Everything i have is movable for when i need it and when i am done with it i put it back in place...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    SSS, My shop is so full i couldn't begin to take a good pic. Everything i have is movable for when i need it and when i am done with it i put it back in place...Bob
    Thats Ok, take pics anyway. [we dont mind if its messy ]I have a 30x40 building at home and its full too. I have a lift in one bay and of course parking for Bobcat, gator, etc. So I need more space too. I would like to add on another 40', maybe this year. Alot of you guys have some cool stuff and some great ideas. I've really enjoyed the work bench pics and when anybody posts pics of projects I always notice the shops. I'll take a few pics and post mine too.

SSS, I'll take a few pics of my Bobcat that I got a great deal on.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    Thats Ok, take pics anyway.
    So I'm curious why you, and SSS, haven't shown any pics. Since SSS started the thread and all.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

O.K. I'll start. Here's a few I took last time the shop was clean!
    Attached Images Attached Images

TS,

it is obvious that you are a sick, sick man and need therapy.
    to have a color scheme other than plain white , and a shop that neet, you need help. I wish I shared the same problem. My shop is that clean once every 3 years. I suffer from scrap-ites. I save scraps incase I need them, and then with the next project I just make more scraps to save.

Where's your scrap bin ??

nice shop.

My shop is in a 16 x 32 building, but the bunker takes up about 3/4 of it, so I just work in one corner and down the side.. not much to look at... but if you must, you can see the shop area, the yard, the front door, and the inside of the bunker from these cams http://jimyo.psend.com/cam2.html and if your still interested, the bunker is at http://jimyo.psend.com/bunker.html yea,,, I am strange... but its fun being that way..
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by openboater View Post
    TS,

it is obvious that you are a sick, sick man and need therapy.
    to have a color scheme other than plain white , and a shop that neet, you need help. I wish I shared the same problem. My shop is that clean once every 3 years. I suffer from scrap-ites. I save scraps incase I need them, and then with the next project I just make more scraps to save.

Where's your scrap bin ??

nice shop.
    Thanks! lost/misplaced tools aggravate me to no end, so I clean the shop every evening so I can start work each morning knowing everything is where it should be. Plus it just feels good to start each day in a clean workshop! I do have a small bin for scraps but when it starts to overflow (about once a week) I take out some of the larger usable pieces and take the rest to the recyclers. The really big scrap goes directly into the back of the pickup to be hauled away.

Default Space needed

I need to purchace at least 200 cubic feet of extra internal shop space.
    Anybody?

monte55
    you gotta dig , knock out a wall and expand or just start over then conect the 2 buildings.
    i started off with a 12X12 then i knocked out the back wall and added 8X12 more then opend up a side wall to add another 8X12 then i just built a 20X22 thats 2stories high beside it and will conect the 2 this summer i hope. seems like ya always need more space and prity soon after you get it you need more again.

first pic shows out side of both shops, you can see the side addition on the old shop(the green one), there is another addition on the back and the gray steel shop is the new one.
    2nd pic is the new shop in construction stage. in the construction pic you should be able to see the 2nd story level its the 2nd cross member and up.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES