Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Project.

Cool Latest Project.

Just finished a 6 x 12 trailer to haul my motorcycles on. Mostly recycled steel, 4 in channel outer frame rails, and 2 in angle cross members. Dexter torsion Flex axle. Bi fold tailgate. did not like a gate sticking 4 ft in the air, so I split it and hinged it. All the steel was found in an old barn being torn down, so I scrounged it for a little labor. Ended up with less than $700 in the finished project. My own design, hauls My Interstate and a couple of sport bikes nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks really nice...especially the lights in the gate! great job

The lights in the gate, were to save width on the trailer. I have a narrow drive with a couple of bends. Need all the help I could get to make it a little easier to back in.
    Miller Econo Twin HF AC/DC / Gas Tungsten Arc.

Looks great, very nice job. I use allot of recycled steel from work for my personal projects.

Default Plans for your trailer

Hi,
    I am new to this board and just now taking a Basic Welding course with the intent to finish all available welding courses through a local community college.

Very nice trailer.

That is the kind of trailer I would like to build. As an experienced welder, you probably have the plans in your head but I would like to know those same plans if you have them on paper somewhere. That is, if you are inclined to share. If not, I understand. I like the beam frame idea. If you know where I can purchase some plans, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance.

Mark

nice job on the trailer, I like it when people put a little thought and pride into their projects. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Thumbs up

nice job. like the gate!

Default trailer

trailer looks realey nice i like the lights in the gate its differnt looking thats what catches a lot of eyes. watch the blocks they arnt safe. thanks for the pics
    miller bobcat 250
    wc 115a
    spoolmatic 30a
    centery 250 mic
    2 lincoln 225 stick
    a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

Look up champion trailer supply on the web, they have plans for single or tandem axle trailers. they list materials and measurements etc. and they are free.

Quote Originally Posted by markwaco View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this board and just now taking a Basic Welding course with the intent to finish all available welding courses through a local community college.

Very nice trailer.

That is the kind of trailer I would like to build. As an experienced welder, you probably have the plans in your head but I would like to know those same plans if you have them on paper somewhere. That is, if you are inclined to share. If not, I understand. I like the beam frame idea. If you know where I can purchase some plans, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance.

Mark
    Miller Econo Twin HF AC/DC / Gas Tungsten Arc.

verry nice job.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES