Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Smith's MIcro Torch

I just looked into buying a Smith's O/A Micro Torch for some of the jewelry biz that I do, does anyone have any experience with these little guys???

I am not related to this company in any way.

Jerry

I have one and it's a great little torch. I mostly use it to free up parts that I only want to heat a small area. Many more uses of course, but worth every penny just for the few times I needed it.

Maybe one of the aviation guys will respond but they're sortof popular with the airframe builders. Victor has the J28 torch and another little squatty one. I got mine on ebay.
    Matt Adams A&P, IA
    Trailblazer 302
    Dialarc HF

Cool

I have a Meco Aviator which i beleive was bought up by Smith....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I believe he is talking about the "Little Torch" from Smith. I have one and its great for tiny work like jewelry and such. The Meco line was bought by Victor not Smith, and they have discontinued all but the Meco midget, and the quality is not what it used to be. Like a lot of Victor made tools they are made in Mexico and China, sad. Smith is still made in the USA and is actually improving their designs over time. Nice to see for once.

-Aaron
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Cool

Thanks for the correction Aaron....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I bought one and it's on it's way here.

Thanks,

Jerry