Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: dump bed hoist

The difference between cutting off welding cables and taking someone's "intellectual property" is like this...

If someone steals your cables, you no longer have them.

No matter how many times someone steals your intellectual property, you still have it.

You know what Cable TV companies, purveyors of plans, and prostitutes have in common? After they sell their product, they've still got their product!

Any other time, the customer owns the product after they buy it.
    Equipped with red and blue... and red and green!
    80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybagger View Post
    The difference between cutting off welding cables and taking someone's "intellectual property" is like this...

If someone steals your cables, you no longer have them.

No matter how many times someone steals your intellectual property, you still have it.

You know what Cable TV companies, purveyors of plans, and prostitutes have in common? After they sell their product, they've still got their product!

Any other time, the customer owns the product after they buy it.
    You must not think too highly of our Founding Fathers
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Angry Please read

As I have previously stated, I will not respond or send these plans to anyone, ever! Stop pm'ing me thinking you can get them, and that I'm some kind of weasel that says one thing on the public forum, but does another in private. I take pride in my honesty.
    I have already stated that I was "giving" these plans away without considering that it was stealing.
    When the copyright owner of the plans politely brought this to my/our attention, I immediately stopped giving the plans away.
    I have been to the owner’s website today, and the plans are still available, and they are still only $22! (Read the rest of the post to find his website).
    Regardless of your opinion on whether or not he stole the idea by coping another product, he owns the copyright to these plans that he created by reverse engineering the original, therefore, I cannot give them away...period.
    So man-up, spend 22 bucks and buy the plans from the original provider.
    It's the right thing to do
    The difference between No One. and No. One is where you put the period. John Force