Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: dump bed hoist

Question Can someone help me understand????

I'm looking for a set of plans for a dump trailer hoist. Thats how I happened on this thread, so you don't think I just being mean but, on this website the gentelmen who designed the plan addmits copying a factory built one? So whats the difference in these guys sharing the plans?

I'm not trying to start a arguement. I'm just trying to understand why he can copy someone elses hard work but we can't?

Also if anybody wants to sell there plans the have for this I'm interested in buying them? I give you $10 for them so it won't be steeling them.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Default Let's Get it Right Guys

OK. I understand that you're just asking a question, and that is the only reason that I am responding to this, as I have stated that I will no longer be responding to this thread, or the PM's that I'm still getting.
    So here we go.
    1. Stealing is stealing, plain and simple. The original owner of these plans may have based his plans off of a factory system, however, he still had to design these plans. I'm sure he adjusted and tweaked things to make them work better, or to make them easier to build, therefore the design is now his. 99% of the things we use in this world are modified or improved versions of something else.
    2. He didn't copy anything, he redesigned it around the original. Absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't infringe on any patents or copyrights of the original. He would have had to put a lot of work and time into that, to make sure it operated as it should and in a safe manner.
    3. You're willing to spend $10.00 for someone to sell you a copy of someone else's plans. Unless they sell you the actual plans, and do not keep a copy for themselves, we're right back to stealing again. And if you've read the entire thread, you'd have seen that all he charges is $22.00 for the plans. If you can't afford the extra $12.00, you can't afford to build this anyway.

And finally,
    WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD!!!!!!

Thanks
    The difference between No One. and No. One is where you put the period. John Force

Default Wow Ok!

I Guess where you come from when you ask someone to sell you there plans it means to copy the and sell them a Copy?

Also I didn't get where I'm at in business by, buying something new I know I can find used. That will work the same as new. Also $10.00 is $10.00. So what you saying is if you saw a $10.00 laying under the edge of a rock the ground you wouldn't try to get it? I'm looking for a deal just like everybody is.

I figured I'd ask if someone wanted to sell me there set if they we're done with them.

Thanks.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

http://www.dumpbeds.com
    Just make it easy on yourself and purchase a set of plans legitimately. It's that simple. I understand your comments about being frugal and spendthrifty, but that concept doesn't apply here. All you're doing here is screwing over a fellow American who's trying to make a dollar and get ahead - the same as you.

Later,

Think of it as software for a computer. Everyone that wants a program should purchace the rights to use it. Just because a person doesn't use his
    copy anymore doesn't mean you can use it without purchace even if it's pennies on the dollar. We are not talking about an old used drill. Software doesn't wear out........so if you get a preowned copy, you'll get to use as if brand new. Shut mouth........open mind.

Smile So what your saying is............

If I buy a computer online that is used I should format it and go to Microsoft and buy my own copys of all the standard software?

I won't waste any more of you guys time with this, but I will say this you either draw a line in the sand and do not blot it out for no one or no reason or you keep moving the line to suit your needs then you have no Intergerity in my sight.

The guy admights copying this on his website (A We created these plans. By using a professional factory-made dump assembly as our model we outlined and detailed all the necessary parts and components and assembly instructions to provide a means for just about anyone to build-one-themselves.

I will shut my mouth and will look for some plans somewhere else.

Thanks for your time guys and have a wonderful day.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!

Default W.a.wright

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackman View Post
    Are you still looking for plans. I purchased a set of plans off ebay to build dumping pickup truck bed, but the mechanics would be the same for a trailer, you'd just have to adjust some measurements for you app. Here's a link to the website from which my plans actual come from.
    http://www.dumpbeds.com/Index.html
    Let me know if you want a copy, and I'll photocopy a set and mail them to you.
    Jeff.
    CANCLE MY REQUEST THANKS
    Last edited by W.A.WRIGHT; 09-28-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: FOUND PLANDS MYSELF

[quote=w.a.wright;160527]cancle My Request Thanks I Found The Plans Myself

What a bunch if low life whining thieves, You idiots are stealing, period. You might as well go out and cut welding leads off of rigs.

You're a bunch of gutless whining thieves.

If you can't afford to spend 30 bucks then sell your stinking welding machine and buy your kids some shoes.

Stealing is stealing. You sleezbags only consider it stealing if someone does it to you, huh? You're happy to steal from others.

Gutless whining theives. Period.

JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    What a bunch if low life whining thieves, You idiots are stealing, period. You might as well go out and cut welding leads off of rigs.

You're a bunch of gutless whining thieves.

If you can't afford to spend 30 bucks then sell your stinking welding machine and buy your kids some shoes.

Stealing is stealing. You sleezbags only consider it stealing if someone does it to you, huh? You're happy to steal from others.

Gutless whining theives. Period.

JTMcC.

Might as well cut leads off rigs?? come on..whats that about? If you took the time to look at this website..."www.dumpbeds.com" you would realize who the theives are ..Quote from their FAQ:
    "Did you personally design the scissor and dump assembly?

A No, the design concepts and principals used in the plans have been around and in continual use for years. We in no way take any credit for the design of the assemblies or parts"

They dont claim to own any part of the design..probably because they want no liability for what you build and because they ripped it off from their own work experience somewhere along the line.

If a guy needs some prints and designs to build this for himself..good for him for just trying to better himeself by leaning how to build the thing...I have worked at places where they send in competitors as apprentices and laborers and you notice the drawings going missing and then theres another company copying that design and selling them as theier own..but this is not whats happening here.

$22 is in my opinion a rip-off for something the guy doesnt even claim to own or have any rights to..he actually says he didnt design it!

So just what makes these guys idiots for trying to learn?