Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: dump bed hoist

Default Has anyone started building this?

Hey all.
    I was just wondering if any of you have started building this. I'd like to see how it's going and here if you've modified the plans in anyway.
    Pictures would be nice too.
    Silverbackman
    The difference between No One. and No. One is where you put the period. John Force

By chance, I just came across a company yesterday that has a slide in dump bed for 1/2 tons or trailers. Not exactly what the OP was looking for but it may be an option for some and looks interesting.
    Look here:http://www.dump-pro.com/images/gallery/img11.htm
    Al

Default Did I miss anyone?

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anyone who had asked for these plans. Let me know if I did.
    The difference between No One. and No. One is where you put the period. John Force

harleyd Guest

Hi, I have been reading all over about the scissor lift for a dump hoist. I have been welding for a short time now (2-3 years) and I think I am ready to try a project that will put my welding to the test. I have been wanting a dump truck or trailer for al while, but just can't seem to spend all that money for one. Plus, I'm the type that if I THINK I can build it, I WILL build it. I would like to know if I could get those plans from you for the dump hoist. I am very eager to start on this project. I already have a truck to use, hyd. parts, and the steel. I just need some kind of starting point. My email address is harleyd4@bellsouth.net

Also if there are any tips you have from this project, they would certainly help.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

PBinWA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackman
    Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anyone who had asked for these plans. Let me know if I did.
    You didn't miss me but I sure would like a copy of the plans. You can email them to me at: pbspam AT gmail.com

Just replace the "AT" with the email thingy.

Cheers and even though you are from Calgary I suspect you'll be saying "Go Oilers" on Saturday!

Dumpbeds.com Guest

Thumbs down Distribution of the Dumpbed plans...

Hi All,

I'd like to just drop a friendly reminder that these plans that are being so freely distributed are in fact protected by copyright laws...

I really appreciate the publicity and complements, but freely distributing my plans just isn't cool. The $22 cost is nothing in the big picture of things.

Please visit www.dumpbeds.com to purchase a legitimate copy.

WilJKeller Guest

Default dump bed plans

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackman View Post
    Are you still looking for plans. I purchased a set of plans off ebay to build dumping pickup truck bed, but the mechanics would be the same for a trailer, you'd just have to adjust some measurements for you app. Here's a link to the website from which my plans actual come from.
    http://www.dumpbeds.com/Index.html
    Let me know if you want a copy, and I'll photocopy a set and mail them to you.
    Jeff.
    I sure could use a copy of those plans for my dodge dually if you dont mind. WilJKeller@aol.com. Thanks a bunch.

Default Busted with plans

ok, now that you all are busted, time to get legit This guy is trying to make a buck, and the plans aren't that expensive and from what I hear, they are well worth it!!! Let's show him some integrity
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Could a Moderator. please close this thread

Bert is right. What you can't tell from this thread is that I haven't even responded to any of the PM's or emails (and there has been quite a few) that I have received since the owner of the plans ask -very politely I must add- for me not to give the plans away.
    They are very cheap plans, and very good, so please do the right thing and order a set. I hadn't even thought of the fact that I was basically stealing these each time I gave them away.
    If a moderator could close this thread, or make it so that the one post from dumpbeds.com is the only post that comes up on this thread.
    To anyone who does PM, email or post here, I will not be responding as this is a dead thread.
    Thanks, Silverbackman

Silverbackman,
    good job We don't want to give the impression to others (especially the new people joining the forum that we are some kind of bad napster. No problem sharing something we designed ourselves (gosh knows I can use the help!!!, like Dabar39 or AAmetalmaster), but let's keep honest and keep the
    "commercial" guys happy with this forum
    thanks for not answering the thread anymore, unfortunately the moderator didn't .....
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time