Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trucks

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    I think we are talking about 2 different trucks. The trucks we have with the Dura-max are 5500 series trucks[19,500 GVW] not pickups. They do not have ball joints, they have king pins on a straight front axle. As far as people wanting "bigger" injectors for the 6.0 ford I dont think that is possible. The electronic injector that is in there will do more than is programmed into the factory ECM. Most people I know get different programs [a chip] that changes fuel delivery and boost parameters. As far as replacing the injectors on 6.0 we changed a bunch. I still think the Ford performs well, it runs good, very strong. But I would not buy one because of the 6.0 maintenance cost. Not knocking anyone that has one, but we have lots of both trucks so its easy for me to make a realitsic comparising. I said before I think Ford and Chevy make great trucks. They [Ford]even have a new program out now, from the dealer, that cycles the injectors when you shut the engine off, funny clicking sound when shut off.
    I think we were talking about 2 different vehicles. The only complaints i've heard about them is the normal stuff and poorly placed items.

Thanks for all the good info. I'm still out there lookiing for the best price right know. I have decided to go with a utility body, I feel it's more feasible for me. I've been looking at F350 and GMC 3500 gas 2wdrive with limited slip axal and tow hitch, trying to keep the cost low, but **** those ford's are overpriced!!!!!!!

Darmik,

Great work on the bodies could you send me some more pics. and what is the charge for a body like that with the gas compartment?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrafter View Post
    Thanks for all the good info. I'm still out there lookiing for the best price right know. I have decided to go with a utility body, I feel it's more feasible for me. I've been looking at F350 and GMC 3500 gas 2wdrive with limited slip axal and tow hitch, trying to keep the cost low, but **** those ford's are overpriced!!!!!!!

Darmik,

Great work on the bodies could you send me some more pics. and what is the charge for a body like that with the gas compartment?
    I don't think you'll go wrong with a gas engine, unless you do alot of towing. As far as I know New Jersey is like here, sorta flat. Gas is Cheaper than diesel fuel and less operating costs. Good luck finding one
    scott
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MintSScout View Post
    I think we were talking about 2 different vehicles. The only complaints i've heard about them is the normal stuff and poorly placed items.
    You said your brother works on them. Where does he work? A Dealer?
    Scott

You said your brother works on them. Where does he work? A Dealer?
    It's just a small shop. But he works everything from BMW's and Chryslers to Freightliners and Macs. The shop has a good reputation since it's been there since the 70's and still the original owner.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MintSScout View Post
    It's just a small shop. But he works everything from BMW's and Chryslers to Freightliners and Macs. The shop has a good reputation since it's been there since the 70's and still the original owner.
    Thats cool. independent shops are often more difficult to work at,then dealers [not taking anything away from dealer mechanics] in that you never know what your going to be working on next. I ahve worked in both Fleets and dealers, Most dealer techs, work in one area mostly and usually on the same brand of vehicle. While todays equipment/ vehicles is very challenging to the dealer tech, he at least knows what brand it will be. Good luck to your brother!
    Scott

Thats cool. independent shops are often more difficult to work at,then dealers [not taking anything away from dealer mechanics] in that you never know what your going to be working on next. I ahve worked in both Fleets and dealers, Most dealer techs, work in one area mostly and usually on the same brand of vehicle. While todays equipment/ vehicles is very challenging to the dealer tech, he at least knows what brand it will be. Good luck to your brother!
    He loves it there other than when he gets Chryslers and most Chevys exspecialy the Kodiak. (Nothing is in a good place.) The bad thing is the owner is going to close the shop down in three years.