Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Project Specific Thread: Welding tables

Just had an idea to start a project specific thread. On this just post ideas and pictures for various welding tables that you have built or use regularly. This way we can start compiling information for easier research instead of looking for a dozen different threads. Not to sound rude, but if your table is simply a slab of plate with four legs, you might abstain from posting. On the other hand, if you have an idea that you think the rest of us would benefit from, by all means post away, especially with pictures. SSS

Smile Welding Tables

Great idea! I was going to use the Miller project table on this website but I wanted to put some type of threaded rod or screw-type thing on the legs so that the table could always be leveled and could be adjusted to the height of the table saw, BS, drill press, etc.

I've got some nice slab tables. Very handy for many things. But more of my tables are a skeleton design, of various sizes. This allows clamping at many different locations within the framework of many fabrications. Some of these tables are very lightweight, others are made from 5/16x3x4" angle. When I get a job that a current table won't do very well, I build another table. Eventually, it's rare that I don't have a table that does the next job.

I'll have to find some pictures later.

Quote Originally Posted by atpav8or View Post
    ...I wanted to put some type of threaded rod or screw-type thing on the legs so that the table could always be leveled and could be adjusted to the height of the table saw, BS, drill press, etc.
    Great idea, especially when you drag it to different spots in a shop and no floor is perfect.

For just leveling purposes in fact, you only need the adjustment on one leg.

Quote Originally Posted by SkidSteerSteve View Post
    Just had an idea to start a project specific thread. On this just post ideas and pictures for various welding tables that you have built or use regularly. This way we can start compiling information for easier research instead of looking for a dozen different threads. Not to sound rude, but if your table is simply a slab of plate with four legs, you might abstain from posting. On the other hand, if you have an idea that you think the rest of us would benefit from, by all means post away, especially with pictures. SSS
    How about a slab, four legs and a dead chicken? Now that's funny....I don't care who you are
    Last edited by monte55; 04-04-2007 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Great idea, especially when you drag it to different spots in a shop and no floor is perfect.

For just leveling purposes in fact, you only need the adjustment on one leg.
    I doubt you can level it with one adjuster unless it's a three legged table, and that would only be on one axis. What about three adjusters and one leg.....maybe that needs more thought

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I doubt you can level it with one adjuster unless it's a three legged table, and that would only be on one axis. What about three adjusters and one leg.....maybe that needs more thought
    Sorry, I said "level" but I was thinking something else. Good catch. One adjustment will allow you to prevent the table from rocking on any surface. But yes, you would need more adjustments to truly "level" it. Thanks.

I usually just shoot for level in one axis (on both sides). That guarantees that it doesn't have a bind, which is all that's important for most fabrication.

So, probably just putting the adjustment on each leg is best for meeting any need.

I know what you meant Mac.........I was just being awnry

Default terrys welding table

This is our welding table I have made two of these one for work and one for our shop It is 1/4 x 4x8 and 3 inch channel legs with 2 inch angle frame heavy expanded metal on bottom.It has 4 recepticals at each end works real well.
    tmpphp4EB9aP.jpg

tmpphpIfGV6e.jpg

tmpphpQslc7J.jpg

tmpphpzNUxOA.jpg
    miller bobcat 250
    wc 115a
    spoolmatic 30a
    centery 250 mic
    2 lincoln 225 stick
    a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

Pretty standard 4'x8'x1/2" top, 4" channel, 3x3x1/4" legs, and a pipe rack on the back consuming otherwise useless space.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AIM: Zachary188