Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tube grinder

Between sketching up a basic plan, rounding up parts and building, probably 20 hours. I had to get a bigger, faster motor. Wound up with a 1 1/2 HP 3600 RPM. The machine is a huge timesaver for us. There are smaller versions available similar to this, but all use a 2" wide belt. This has a 4" belt. Went with a foot switch so both hands are free.

ready to rock...

Can you change the roller, at the end, to cut different size tubing? I saw a commercial one sorta like yours that all it did was use different rollers to match the tubing size. I like yours, you can use it as a regular belt sander too.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Nicely done! It looks like you don't have a fixture for holding the tubing, are you holding it by hand and eyeballing it? (that's what I do!)

Can you change the roller, at the end, to cut different size tubing?
    Yes, I haven"t made them yet, but it will be a quick change for 4 different size front rollers.

It looks like you don't have a fixture for holding the tubing, are you holding it by hand and eyeballing it?
    I didn't want a rest for vise. It is much faster to freehand the contour.

Talking

Exelent job! You'r pretty tallented, thats for sure.

Thumbs up

Excellant job. Will have to save those pics for future project. Thanks for sharing them
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Outstanding job building that machine!! You have no doubt caught a lot of attention with that one. Let's see some other machines you guys have created to make your work a little easier!!