Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: young or old

I was 17 y.o. in high school. After HS worked for a snow plow factory in Upstate NY. After that worked at a few different factories and weld shops. Landed a job with a LWS 23 years ago and been there ever since. I am now an outside sales tech and couldn't be happier. I still get involved with customers projects and play with all the newest equipment. Best thing is I weld when I want to with all the newest equipment.

Wireburner, stay with it. You have a good jump on things. Especially pay attention to what some of these guys have to say on here. There are some real craftsman on this board....soak it up.
    Rich Ferguson
    Sales Technician
    Jackson Welding Supply Co.
    "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
    www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

Thumbs up

I still get involved with customers projects and play with all the newest equipment. Best thing is I weld when I want to with all the newest equipment.

thats just too cool.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Ok Ok

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    oh great now ya gotta show us the beads.
    now that ys got us wondering.
    OK, only had 7 sessions of instruction. Here's a few samples. Don't laugh too hard. Class was last Feb. So bottom left shows my failed attempts at making a valentine bead Very lopsided LOL

PS sorry for the crappy lighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jwsrep View Post
    I still get involved with customers projects and play with all the newest equipment.
    Ideal job! I wish I could get a job like that in a golf shop

jonnymag, thats cool.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

well Jonnymag? Show us your beadmaking skills!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

WOW! computer didn't show the last 2 posts till now! Nice job John!!!
    I'm not late...

Default how old when i started welding?

i believe i ran my first bead that actually stuck when i was around 14 years old. i have welded virtually everyday since. i am 30 now. got my start on an old ford 555 backhoe.
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Default back to my beginings lol

first of all good thread, got me thinking.ve been at this trade for almost 13 years now ,was a general contractor and was a master carpenter by the time i was 24,but i hated wood so i tried my hand at welding,started off getting my structural tickets within the first year(my first job they demanded everything to be welded in the flat position only Ha Ha I turned those things upside down and backwords and i think thats when the bug bit me.You see im a perfectionist sob and if i master something i get bored and move on,but trying to get the perfect bead everytime has eluded me(my welding is like me shooting pool) when im on i cant be beat ,but if im haveing a bad day, i know when im beat ,id rather pack it up for the day than put out anything i wouldnt be proud of.Now looking to the future im proud to say im a fully certified welder and if its made of metal i can pass any test on this planet (i currently hold nuclear, aerospace and pressure vessel tickets (alot of hard work and tons of practice lol (anyway thanks to whoever started this thread for the blast to the past god bless Check this pic out(its from a demineralizing unit(nuclear) bastich had to be done in position 316 ss and proceedures called for a tig root and 316 stick fill and cap a little messy but it was quite a challenge cutting out the old and putting in the new in position
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by man of steel; 08-19-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: to add pictures

ok, good...pictures????
    I'm not late...