Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: young or old

started last year at age 15 doing stick than mig and now I am doing alot of tig!
    Millermatic 135
    Syncrowave 200 with coolmate 3
    Hypertherm powermax 30

were I am when I am home
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...5/IMG_7413.jpg

Thumbs up

chris, you have some nice equipment there
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

well I think I was like 11 when I was first around welding. I welded a little bit here and there with my grandpa for a year. I now 13 almost 14 (may 19) and got a mig and a stick welder now. so about 2 years

Yall crack me up when I read how young you are/were. I was 53, when I put on my first hood in a community college night class. 30 years older than anyone in the class. Couldn't weld worth a darn compared to those kids, then I figured out it was the 'vision thing' and got an AD hood and cheaters and life has been sweet ever since now that I can see the puddle.

Ha Ha

I use cheater glasses too. I like them better than the cheater lenses you can get, because when i take the helmet off I can still see up close. i used to use clear safety glasses but now mostly use cheaters with a clear face shield. Although I do have a pair of clear safety glasses that have bi-focals in them I hate tiping my head up to see. And I'm 10 yrs younger than you
    Scott

Default Hobby Welder

I am 62 and retired in 2000. I have never worked in a vocation that was related directly to metalworking, but have on many occasion, wanted or had the need to weld two pieces of metal together. I have taken two welding classes at the local community college, 101 - 102 (stick) and will be going back for 103 in the fall for mig and tig. I have had a lot of fun with the classes, and with a recent purchase of a Miller 210 have built several projects. I am really enjoying this hobby

2 yrs ago..tig, stick, mig, and oxy-ace, dont plan to put the torch down for a while

Quote Originally Posted by ww8j View Post
    I am 62 and retired in 2000. I have never worked in a vocation that was related directly to metalworking, but have on many occasion, wanted or had the need to weld two pieces of metal together. I have taken two welding classes at the local community college, 101 - 102 (stick) and will be going back for 103 in the fall for mig and tig. I have had a lot of fun with the classes, and with a recent purchase of a Miller 210 have built several projects. I am really enjoying this hobby
    congratulations on your new hobby
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ww8j View Post
    See, you can teach an old dog a new trick.
    Welcome aboard and congrats on your new hobby, you won't regret it. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

My new co-workers were talking about songs and cars they used to have...
    then the other would laugh and they would rant and rave at each others remarks about "oh, that's old school"....They're talking about stuff that happened in the early '90's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told them what the heck "old school"???? Old school for me was back in the '70's!!!!!!!!!
    Oh well.....these brats.....
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time