Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    pete2225 Guest

Default Welding Helmet ?

I'm Thinking On Buying A Hornell Speedglas (flex View).does Anybody Have An Opinion On This Helmet,(good Or Bad).and Does Anyone Know If You Can Add The Adflo System To Any Speedglas Helmet,or Does It Just Fit The One In The Kit. Thanks

I am partial to jackson helmets i think they seem to have more protection than most other brands of helmets, but the speedglass's seem to be realy light weight. I have a Jackson nexgen and i would reccomend considering one of those, I am realy happy with it.
    Last edited by wayne21; 02-04-2007 at 09:38 PM.

I work with a couple of welders that use the hornell lids with the adflo pack. They like them a lot and say the helmet is very light weight. I how ever do not have experience with using hornell products, I use the North powered air respirator and it works with most lids and face shileds.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

i love my speed glass helmet i find it works better than (dare i say) the miller ones but thats just my preference. its light weight, durable, and t works with my north filter mask.
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list

You ask about helmets and you will get about as many answers as there are brands. I love my Miller BWE.

arc
    they may well have to remove you from the site for such blasfumy. just kidding , i realy like my BWE also but like Pitalplace said you will likely get several opinions as every one tends to like diferent things in a helmit and as such no one helmit will keep every one happy. too many vereables, i have the older model BWE and they have added more features to it here recently.
    odds are good the air system will work with most all the big name hoods. dropping them a e-mail to there website suport would likely get you a verification as to its usability.
    welcome to the board.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

I ahve used many different speed glass helmets but I can say id go witht he miller ones anyway I find them extreamly light weight I can honistly say I have no complaints in them. Im thinking of getting the joker one myself.

Take a look at the bottom of the page....looks like the adflo will work for the flex view....
    http://www.hornell.com/hsi/hsihome.html
    Mike
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Default in my personal opion

i own a millermatic, arc one, jackson next gen, and 2 speedglas hoods i would take the speedglas over any of them there light, durable, and compact second chioce would be the next gen

Default joker

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    I ahve used many different speed glass helmets but I can say id go witht he miller ones anyway I find them extreamly light weight I can honistly say I have no complaints in them. Im thinking of getting the joker one myself.
    Wait till you weld for a living and your helper runs over your 400 dollar helmet. Most of those helmets won't work when it's cold out . I have a Fiber metal pipeliner withan auto lens in it it'll work down to -20 c the millers won't. My helmet and lens together was under 2oo bucks. Save your money for a machine or quality tools instead of getting sucked into buying somthing because it looks cool. Learn how to weld without one first ( an auto helmet that is) Then when you get really good and can take care of s-hit drop the money otherwise spend your money on welding lessons. Jef