Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aluma Reels

Wicked one,
    I go to the link but I can't find a truck or aluma reels. Jef

don't know if you got threw to the pic's yet or not but here they are encase you didn't.

thebeenman
    welcome to the site, always good to have new input. great looking setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

What the hech are you guys talken about, remotes with no plugins??

We make over 80% of the welder remotes in the Western Provinces, all have quad plugs ins.

Every major rental firm have our remotes as well in Alberta.

Alumureels are the best in the live reel market. We don't support anyonther type of live reel. Shylrin is the next best though they are not live.

Every thing in Canada is a little more expensive, a 300D Remote will run in at $425 Can, powder coated steel remote case, quad receptacles, magnetic mounts, shock mounted rheostat. polar flex cable ect.

The Miller's or Lincolns cc/cv units have a choice of 1turn, 3 turn or 10 turn control, detachable heads, quad receptacles, and magnetic mounts

I just got a call from my Pipe Welding buddy, we are here near Detroit. MI.
    He is used to doing gas distribution for the past 18 years a few months ago he decided to sign on with the pipe local out of oklahoma, he said hes currently doing a 42" line in Nebraska, I think he said it was a 1700 mile line.
    He said he's running 3/16 7018 on the root and their having him run a .045 dual shield wire the rest of the way out.
    He said the reels hes been using burned up in about a week ounce he hit the pipe line, he said the guys hes working with wrap their leads and only use reels for the other things.
    Since I've never used a reel I have no experience but am wondering if there are reels that would stand up to this kind of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I just got a call from my Pipe Welding buddy, we are here near Detroit. MI.
    He is used to doing gas distribution for the past 18 years a few months ago he decided to sign on with the pipe local out of oklahoma, he said hes currently doing a 42" line in Nebraska, I think he said it was a 1700 mile line.
    He said he's running 3/16 7018 on the root and their having him run a .045 dual shield wire the rest of the way out.
    He said the reels hes been using burned up in about a week ounce he hit the pipe line, he said the guys hes working with wrap their leads and only use reels for the other things.
    Since I've never used a reel I have no experience but am wondering if there are reels that would stand up to this kind of work.
    You have to unroll all your cable if your going to weld big inch/big rod.
    If you dont the magnetic field is way to hot for any kind of spool.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

The magnetic fields also do interesting and erratic things to the circuit boards of your welders, especially on the Ranger, Vantage, Trailblazer and Pro series. Don't much like Steel reels and steel wraps for this reason.

No control boards no reel (pun intended) problem. Allota boards with nice "magnetic" relays real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    No control boards no reel (pun intended) problem. Allota boards with nice "magnetic" relays real problem.
    Cruzier how does a guy know if magnetic field is scewing with your boards?
    I know I have had to turn it down 10ish sometines if a chinook blows in.
    but have had it where the pipepro isn't up to par sometimes, I do how ever
    most of the time burn small rod 3/32-5/32 and the odd time I'll burn 3/16
    but when I do I try and unspool my cables if I have lots of inches to burn.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Whats your open circuit voltage read...... Should be around 98 Volts. if not you might want to do some easy preventative maintenance.

Default remotes with plugs

yes, we have quad plugs in our remotes, but those aren't for running rod ovens or stuff like that. the reason for the power cord reel is for 12 amp service all day long. try that with your remote power and you'll burn it out.

if your power runs through the remote plugs on the machine, it's only rated for 4 amp service, so you do what you want. if it ties into a 15 or 20 amp plug on the machine you are good to go.
    the reason for the power reel is for convenience. i don't need to carry extension cords in my cabinets. if i'm welding in my tent and my helper needs to go cut a pup off a length of pipe 200' away, he can string out and do that without affecting my work. it's a great idea and i use it every day.