Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aluma Reels

thebeenman Guest

Default Aluma Reels

got myself a set of 6 aluma reels. 1 oxy\acetylene, 1 propane, 1 electrical, 1 for the remote and 2 for welding cables. These are the best ever. I have worked in many adverse weather conditions with no problems at all. I have worked along side other welders that have shell-ryn reels, and they have gone down for the day because they had to clean the inside of their reels where they make electrial contact.

You can contact mitch 1(204) 774-2285 and he can give you more info on these reels

go to the link below to see a few pictures

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634106

They are not too bad, though never use any type of lubricant on the reels, as they will blow.

I just don't like the way the cables especially the remote attaches to the Alumireel wiring. Not sure if Mitch fixed that quirk or not. He was in a couple of months ago.

The remote reel cable mountring has been changed, so we support these reels 100%

My question is this, why use a seperate remote/electricity reel/cord? Is this a common Canadian thing?

In the U.S.A. these are combined into one unit, using one cord the vast majority of the time. I can't imagine dragging out a seperate cord for the two.

The standard for remotes in this country is the "Cable Control Kit", sold by a very nice lady. These are pure d bulletproof remotes with two 120v outlets built in.

Just wondering.

JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    My question is this, why use a seperate remote/electricity reel/cord? Is this a common Canadian thing?

In the U.S.A. these are combined into one unit, using one cord the vast majority of the time. I can't imagine dragging out a seperate cord for the two.

The standard for remotes in this country is the "Cable Control Kit", sold by a very nice lady. These are pure d bulletproof remotes with two 120v outlets built in.

Just wondering.

JTMcC.
    At $160 for a Cables remote it is a best buy for a Lincoln generator!!!!!!!
    But what if you own a Vantage, Ranger, or Miller? Is there a remote with
    120v for these machines?

Default link

Quote Originally Posted by thebeenman View Post
    got myself a set of 6 aluma reels. 1 oxy\acetylene, 1 propane, 1 electrical, 1 for the remote and 2 for welding cables. These are the best ever. I have worked in many adverse weather conditions with no problems at all. I have worked along side other welders that have shell-ryn reels, and they have gone down for the day because they had to clean the inside of their reels where they make electrial contact.

You can contact mitch 1(204) 774-2285 and he can give you more info on these reels

go to the link below to see a few pictures

http://www.cardomain.com/ride
    I go to the link but I can't find a truck or aluma reels. Jef

Default Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post

Just wondering.

JTMcC.
    I'm going to say no. I've seen 1 guy set up like that but he didn't have a remote. Mine have always 120v outlets on them. JT what's the name of the company that makes these remotes? JEf

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked one View Post
    I'm going to say no. I've seen 1 guy set up like that but he didn't have a remote. Mine have always 120v outlets on them. JT what's the name of the company that makes these remotes? JEf
    Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cable Control Kits in Bastrop Louisianna.

Phone or fax: 318-281-1833

email: Cableshrlyj@aol.com

They've been around for many years and are the standard of the industry. I've got a couple of them. They are $150 for a SA-200 (with no cord, you can use any extension cord) and about $280 for a 250 or 300 including 125' of cord. Ask for Shirley, she's a nice lady.

JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

I go to the link but I can't find a truck or aluma reels. Jef
    Here it is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634106
    Jeff

yep, these reels rule. they're easy to mount and work like a charm.. i started out with just the welding reels and added the rest as i could afford them. just dial up mainstream mitch and he'll be happy to send them out to you! his website is alumareel.com