Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

In my area you can buy a 80cf cylinder for 140$ and 40$ for the fill.or you can buy a 20cf for 125$ and 40 for the fill. I cant figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by DDA52 View Post
    Mac is right. It is different everywhere from what I have been reading these last few years. Would sure be easier if everyone was the same.

George, I won't be going back to 80's ever. Too expensive in the long run and they run out way too fast. The dual shield I run requires the C-25 to be at 55cfh. I would have to carry too many bottles around to weld all day. I may be forced to get the big boys once again if I have too much of it to do. That would bite.
    Don, I hear that, I have been thinking, right now I can still handle the 155CF tanks I have and if I get to where I can't I have a 34 year old son that can exchange the tanks for me ... Your certinly right about the 80's, they seem to last ok on the mig's but it dosen't take much tig work to drain it.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Yup, I am finding that out about TIG...very gas hungry process. But fun.

If handling the bottles gets to be a problem, try seeing if they have a pick up service for you. Home drop offs are cool. When my shop gets finished, I may build a bottle rack for outside. My LWS truck has to drive by my shop twice a week. Would be cool to not have to go in sometimes.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

(per DDA52)....."when my shop gets finished...when my shop gets finished..."
    YEESH I WISH I HAD A SHOP! Working on my little gate project (yes, I took pics and what I thought should take 2 days (for most of you, 1 day), it's taken me 2 weeks off and on. Most fustrating was making the square jig.
    anyway, happy at least I have something to play with in my dad's garage.
    Sad, for a 25' by 25' space, they want $1,500/month...and that's cheap, 'cause it's in crack/ice city...
    Hope you get your shop soon, like to see some pics of it
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Bert, here is a link to the whole build thread. It has taken me almost two years to get this far a little at a time. I am learning patience....or trying to.

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4917
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

DDA52,
    yeah, but are you as old as I am? Glad you have the land to build on Can't wait to see more pics!!!
    thanks,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Dang near....41 in a month. Feels more like 71, but that is to be expected with the miles I've put on me.

With my setbacks and such, I barely had enough room, but I managed. I just have to get it finished before I croak. Watch that thread. I update it frequently as I do things. My plan is to be dried in by the end of the month....again, IF it will stop raining long enough. I was going to get the walls complete on Saturday....now it is supposed to rain all weekend. This is part of what is making me old.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC