Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I wish I had this guy's money

I custom built this guy a 24' trailer to fit his butterfly deck mowing tractor, You know the kind you see on the interstate. He bought it to move two of them to N. Carolina. He also had me convert a two horse trailer from a bumper pull to a goose neck. He now decides it will take too many trips to get all his stuff up north so he goes out and buys a brand new Peterbuit and a 53' trailer for the move. He calls me up this evening and asks me to pick up these trailers and if I would try and sell them for him. This guy has spent a ton of money for me to build this trailer, modify the other one and I also built him two motorized horse walkers as well. When I asked him what to ask for the new trailer he says I don't know its used, try to get me 2 grand for it (he picked it up last week and drove his tractor on and back off). Iwish I had money to throw away like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Dabar39,
    You wish you had his money. I wish I had your talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    B-e-a-utiful trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default bert

Thanks for the compliment, wanna but it and get it out of my driveway?

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Yes,
    on 2 conditions:
    1) Ship to Hawaii for free (and don't add that to the price )
    2) Buy me a house with enough land to park it there. In fact, make sure
    there is a BIG garage, so I can have a welding shop also!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Thumbs up dabar39

nice job on the tairler.should be easy to sell.
    miller bobcat 250
    wc 115a
    spoolmatic 30a
    centery 250 mic
    2 lincoln 225 stick
    a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

just out of curiosity, what do those tractors weigh? Obviously, I'm in no position to know what the towing parameters are for the setup, but I'd keep an eye on the neck-to-coupler area. That's a point of high leverage and torque-induced tension/compression stresses when towing a load on a goose neck. I've never liked messing with the neck areas on those....very awkward to get everything to line up right! SSS

Default tractor weight

According to the owner one weighs 4500lbs. and the other around 6500lbs.

well we cant all have that kind of $$ but atleast you got to make a few $$ making it and if he only wants $2,000 for it you should make a few more $$ in the selling process. thats a realy nice looking trailor, great work.
    and if you do get his kind of $$ be shore to send some my way...or tell me how ya did it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    According to the owner one weighs 4500lbs. and the other around 6500lbs.
    Ok, I'm on the same page now....I was thinking about some of the tractors they use out here for the grasslands. Big 100+hp, 4WD, triple decked beasts that some of the counties and highway departments use. SSS

Sell the trailer for $4000 and make $2000 for yourself. I have sold some equipment like that, on consignment. Make sure I know what the owner wants for it and then anything extra is yours for selling it. Nice job on the trailer it looks cool.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]