Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought I would bring this back up. So dabar have you sold this yet by chance? Probly out of the question but as it turns out this is exactly the type of trailer my dad wants but is kinda of to far to pick up and my welding skills aren't good enuff yet for me to be trusting them on a trailer I bet if I were to throw one together it would hold but not taking any chances.

p.s. maybe I can get the guy that came into your shop for a job to build me a trailer
    welding...its awsome

Hopefully he sold it already! $4,000 to sell it instantly, probably cost someone else $6-8,000 anywhere else!
    Well Dave? you sell it?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Sold, to the highest bidder

This trailer is long gone. Listed it on ebay for 3 days as a no reserve auction and it went to a buyer in Wilmington, Delaware. I believe it went for somewhere around 33 hundred. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

cool! EVERYONE MUST BE HAPPY!!! Owner, you, and DEFINATELY the buyer from e-bay
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Question

When you converted the BP to gooseneck, did you have to move the axles rear-ward to improve your CG? I've just extended a 21' BP to a 28' BP for use pulling my John Deere 2155 w/ 1000lbs bushhog and I either need to a) install another axle (for a total of 3) or b) move my two existing axles several feet toward the rear.

Every trailer/axle formula I've seen says that the axle of a trailer should be 1" rear of the center of the trailer for every foot-long the trailer is (ie: a 28' trailer axle should be 28" rear of the center of the trailer)....do you agree with this? Should that 28" apply to the forward-most axle or to the center of the two axles (or to the center axle if I go with 3 axles...)??

I'm assuming that, in your BP-to-GN conversion, you purchased the coupler tube and fabricated the rest of the 'neck with channel and angle...? What size channel/angle did you use and in what thicknesses?

Thanks for any advice you care to send my way.

~Clint

Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    I custom built this guy a 24' trailer to fit his butterfly deck mowing tractor, You know the kind you see on the interstate. He bought it to move two of them to N. Carolina. He also had me convert a two horse trailer from a bumper pull to a goose neck. He now decides it will take too many trips to get all his stuff up north so he goes out and buys a brand new Peterbuit and a 53' trailer for the move. He calls me up this evening and asks me to pick up these trailers and if I would try and sell them for him. This guy has spent a ton of money for me to build this trailer, modify the other one and I also built him two motorized horse walkers as well. When I asked him what to ask for the new trailer he says I don't know its used, try to get me 2 grand for it (he picked it up last week and drove his tractor on and back off). Iwish I had money to throw away like that.
    he either has a TON of the greenstuff or is in debt up to his Eye ***** , nice looking trailer

Inferno Forge

Chris