Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rebar project

Default rebar project

I `am building a fence 4 my Grandpa around his garden to keep the deers out ,the post are going to be rebar 5ft. above ground,any idea how else to keep the deer out? i have to weld a ft. or 2 pice on the already 5ft rebar

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default deer

Quote Originally Posted by wireburner View Post
    I `am building a fence 4 my Grandpa around his garden to keep the deers out ,the post are going to be rebar 5ft. above ground,any idea how else to keep the deer out? i have to weld a ft. or 2 pice on the already 5ft rebar
    This sounde stupid but it worked for my uncle. Mount one of them motion sensor lights in the garden on a post. When the deer come in the light will go off and either scare them off or illuminate the area so you can shoot the trespassers. And it may not be legal in your area to shoot so check with fish and game . Jef

You're right............It does sound stupid................I have to assume the deer are considerably smarter than you guys.

Default monte55

thank you for not makin me say that
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

there is a plant you can put in there and they will not come near it but i can,t remember the name of it sorry
    miller 330 a/pb tig miller 175 mig
    student and hobbiest

Default stupid

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    You're right............It does sound stupid................I have to assume the deer are considerably smarter than you guys.
    I guess you don't live in farm country. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

hook the motion detector up to a strobe that would freek them out, then they will all be out the doing the disco shuffel. dont forget to hook the raideo up too.
    a loud dog might work. but the fence should do it. i got a deer book in the shop i'll see if i can find the name of the plant they avaid.

but i kinda like the idea of the light and filling the freezer.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by WICKED ONE View Post
    I guess you don't live in farm country. Don't knock it till you've tried it.
    I was raised on a farm, live in farm country now, and you still don't get it,I guess. I can think of better ways to rid myself of deer that are not afraid of light than to shoot them. Hey, try this. Dress up like a deer hunter and you probably won't see any.

Talking

i deer hunt all the time (in season) but this is not deer season and it is kind of close to the road to be shooting ,I have to try some of those ideas

Inferno Forge

Chris

Exclamation

i just found out that if you put peanut butter on alu. foil and put it on the fence the deer will lick the peanut butter and get shocked and will not come back

Inferno Forge

Chris