Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question Truck slide out request

I'm in the planning stages of building a box mounted deck for my truck and I've seen pictures of slide outs to mount your machine on. ( for machine maintenance, etc.) Can anyone tell me where to purchase one from? Part numbers, suppliers, etc. Any help would be great.

Default beds

Quote Originally Posted by tallwelder View Post
    I'm in the planning stages of building a box mounted deck for my truck and I've seen pictures of slide outs to mount your machine on. ( for machine maintenance, etc.) Can anyone tell me where to purchase one from? Part numbers, suppliers, etc. Any help would be great.
    Go to www.cargobed.com they are real expensive for what you get . Alot of guys I know build their own using cam follower bearings c-channel and some angle. They are usually better than the bought ones because you can put more bearings on them which makes it easier to slide in and out. Jef

Thanks very much for the help.

Does anyone have any plans or sketches of something less expensive? Any advice would be great.

Just a thought..... If you have an RV center in town, you may check with them to see if there are any salvage yards that deal with motor homes or motor coaches and such. I've seen several generators that were mounted up under the bodies that had similar systems. The kicker would be finding one big enough for an engine drive, although I've seen some Class A's with 10KW APUs that were pretty hefty. If you could find one reasonably priced, you might be able to make it work for your truck. SSS
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 03-27-2007 at 08:30 PM.