Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default how much?

I got the original 50 from the home owner and 400 from the sale. I get the lighting kit for about 12.00, everything else I had laying around. People always ask me why I keep all the "scrap metal" laying around, I tell them there is no such thing as scrap. I just got lucky turning these pieces of crap into something so quick, It doesn't always work this way.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Default pics?

I've got a Samsung digital and it came with the software for photo impression 4. I don't know if that helps you any, and the old lady gets to stay inside doing whatever it is that she does while i'm outside playing. She doesn't come outside much while I'm working, she waits until I'm done then all she wants to know is where is the money I got for it. Typical woman I guess.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

thanks a lot for the info! 'Far as your old lady: hee hee hee.....
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Bert
    if you have windows XP there is a picture resizer oferd free from microsoft that alows you to reduce the pixels without distorting the image. leaves you with a good size pic without too high of a pixel count.
    most of the sited only alow 100 to 150 kbts for each pic uploaded and most of the newer digital cameras take a pic in the MB's insted of KB's best to start off with your camera on its lowest resilutoin, witch in most cases is still higher then your computer screen can even show any way. so unless you expect to have the pic's printed in 8"X10" size the lowest setting is great. and even then you still need to downsize then a bit to load. the resizer works great for that. mine on its lowest setting still produces pic's from 160-250+ depending on the background (grass is a big pixel count ) thats when the resizer comes in handy.
    this pic started out at over 150 and with the med. setting on the resizer it ended up like this at 49.8 kb's, reduced again to the small setting its 36.2 kb's and if you realy want to reduce it you can go to palm pocket sized. at 10.9 kb's and all still verry clear easy to see details.
    some resizers bler out the image when reducing it, not a good choice as they are just degrading the image insted of resizing it.
    here is a link to the microsoft page to get the resizer;
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
    hope that helps.

dabar39
    great score and fantastic work as usual. man i gotta get some naibors like yours.
    sorry about the above minor hijack of the tread but its always good to help get more pic's on here, shore you feel the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default re: Pics

fun4now,
    Thanks man!!!!! Just got my new computer hooked up (on living room floor for 4 months) that's when I joined the forum....Will start trying this picture thing within the next few days!!!!!!!
    bert
    I'm not late...

if its windows XP its a great program but it dosent seem to work with windows vista. like we needed a new windows program again, im still downloading fixes for XP and they have a new one out ??? maybe they should get the old one right befor starting a new one.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

My "new" computer is Windows XP home edition. Used Win98 for 5 years. Just started to get used to it. Now I gotta start all over again...
    fun4now: Do you sleep?
    I'm not late...

i hated changeing to XP also i thought win98 was fine.but you will realy like the piture resizer. its the only part of XP i like, and i had to find it and load it later on, figures.
    fun4now: Do you sleep?
    unforchenetly no not realy, i get a few hrs here and there then have to get up take more pain pills and try again. this goes on 24/7/365 makes getting any thing done in my shop a real pain. any time i spend up and about i spend 2X that making up for it laying down although rarely sleeping.
    my life sucks, but the kids are great and the wife aint too bad eather so i hang in there.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

any one know how to reset the time on the posts?? its saying its 9:45 on the board and it 5:45AM here??? i guesss the board is on a diferent time zone??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    That's when it happened. My girl starts b****in I spend too much time playin in the yard instead of hearing her nag (spend time with her),so guess what I did? That's right I spent more time playing in the yard.
    Isn't it odd how they think all the complaining and nagging is going to make you WANT to spend more time with them?

Ladies...treat us well enough that we want to spend time with you, rather than complaining, which just drives men farther away!!!