Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just a reminder when it comes to welding or grinding on galvy metal, use respiratory protection. You dont want that crud in your lungs.

Also remember, try not to be spilling the Muriatic acid on your concrete, it will eat holes in it, and of course, don't breath the fumes....you can just dip the ends to be welded in a plastic bucket with the acid, then dip in water, then the baking soda/water mix, if you just rinse with water, it will probably start to rust as it dries. Hope this helps, let us know how you do. Paul
    More Spark Today Please

Synergy and Paul...thanks a lot!
    I know about the respirator bit, got that covered! Far as the holes in concrete, THANKS Didn't know about that, and that is where I was going to do it!!! Guess my parents would've been p'd if they came back from vacation Sunday and found their garage looking like swiss cheese
    Problem: Not only dipping the ends, but where all the pickets go also!
    1/2" square pickets welded to 1-1/2 x 3/8 flat bar on both ends AND in the middle....(9/16 holes for the middle one so the pickets can slide through and then welded....)
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

'case you are wondering, yes, I am using my parents garage....45 years old and can't afford a house on my own $650,000 for an average house here on
    Oahu,Hawaii. Parents bought their house for $19,000 in 1961. Now they say it's worth $750,00!! Embarressing for what you get!!!!!
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Almost as bad here in Florida, but the weather......let us know how things turn out, I would do your 'stripping' outside, the fumes can rust other steel items in the general area...20' radius....but it is quick to strip Galvanized [Zinc coated] Paul
    More Spark Today Please