Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cunifer

Hybrid View

Default cunifer

I have been looking for companies that are involved with welding cunifer,duplex and superduplex pipe,but my searches only seem to bring me back to the uk websites. i was wondering if they were trade names specific to the uk and if anybody knows what they are called over here.

Cunifer = CuproNickel?
    Duplex and SuperDuplex are High Alloy and Higher Alloy stainless steels. and don't seem to be Elfland specific

Quote Originally Posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
    Cunifer = CuproNickel?
    Duplex and SuperDuplex are High Alloy and Higher Alloy stainless steels. and don't seem to be Elfland specific
    ah ok idont suppose there will be much call for cunifer either then 90/10 and 70/30 copper/nickel's the composite

Quote Originally Posted by GAZ700 View Post
    ah ok idont suppose there will be much call for cunifer either then 90/10 and 70/30 copper/nickel's the composite
    I used to do a lot of both. I don't really know what your question is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Engloid View Post
    I used to do a lot of both. I don't really know what your question is though.
    I was trying to search for any company's that welded cunifer up in calgary, but the searches only came up with company's in the uk. I was just wondering if it was called a different name up here

I was trying to search for any company's that welded cunifer up in calgary, but the searches only came up with company's in the uk. I was just wondering if it was called a different name up here

Here, you can hear it called Cupro-nickel or copper-nickel...but I've never heard it called cunifer.

Default dupes

I have been looking for companies that are involved with welding cunifer,duplex and superduplex pipe,but my searches only seem to bring me back to the uk websites. i was wondering if they were trade names specific to the uk and if anybody knows what they are called over here.
    You won't see a lot of superduplex. But you will see duplex just not a lot , the only duplex I've done was for dow chemical and albian sands in fort mac. We're kinda set in our way's when it comes to the super alloys. Jef

Default hi

bae surface ships in the uk weld cuni pipe im 1 of the welders , its heard its a pain to weld and is banned in some countries and poisonous , if anyone knows anymore let me know

Default hello

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    bae surface ships in the uk weld cuni pipe im 1 of the welders , its heard its a pain to weld and is banned in some countries and poisonous , if anyone knows anymore let me know
    i worked with kuni 20 years ago, i think it was used for low pressure application
    (toilet waste pipework for the production platforms we built at rgc in methil, fife) im sure it was banned on mainland europe and the u.s. at that time. we were told to wear disposable overalls.... i never did....

im sure that copper had a high arsenic content years ago, its something to do with the smelting process.

Default mark.c

Iam welding super duplex as we speak now great to weld but you have to keep the heat input down. Also I did a lot of aluminum pipe welding 100% xray, I saw on your forum that guys couldn't get a bead through on the overhead position, believe you me you can , if you know the technique. I did the quality procedures for a company in great Britain