Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I love fightin with the old lady

I came home one day a few weeks ago and found this truck parked in my drive way, turns out it had belonged to a friend of a friend, anyways he thought maybe I could use the motor for my race car. Since I don't use the 20r motor it was no good to me. I was going to haul it to the scrap yard just to get rid of the piece of crap, That's when it happened. My girl starts b****in I spend too much time playin in the yard instead of hearing her nag (spend time with her),so guess what I did? That's right I spent more time playing in the yard. The bed on this truck was rotted out real bad but the cab was decent so I decided to make it a run around truck for my self. I removed what was left of the bed and built a 6' x 8' flat bed out of her. When I got done with it and started taking pictures some guy pulls up, asks me if it's for sale and how much? I tell the guy I just got done building it and had'nt given any thought about selling it. He offers me $2000 for it, so needless to say I'm not gonna miss it that much as I didn't have it long enough to get attached to it. So now lets review the weekend, b****y girlfriend, free truck, a bunch of drop materials, planks left over from another job. half gallon of left over paint. Total investment 12.00 for lights, total profit 1700.00. ( I gave her a couple hundred to go shopping with)

Moral to the story:She ain't b****in no more and I still got my sanity
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dabar39; 03-25-2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: incorrect bed width should be 5' x 8'
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Default Good days...

Hey Dave,
    Nice job on the truck. I like the way you set up the bed area & bumper. Looks like a work rig now. Funny how the b******n stops when the green flows in. I like seeing those who can look at junk & transform it into profit...good for future reference......Denny

Default old lady

hey dabar39
    i like what you done with the truck that goes to show. one mans junk is a nother mans treasure. as for the old lady sounds like mine.
    miller bobcat 250
    wc 115a
    spoolmatic 30a
    centery 250 mic
    2 lincoln 225 stick
    a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

Dabar39,
    Ok...that looks WAAYYYY too nice!!! GOTTA be something wrong...PLEASE?!!
    How was the transmission...steering....SOMETHING?!!! I would've bought that for 2K FAST!!!! How can I learn how to put a flatbed (sub frame, brackets,etc)??
    thanks,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default truck condition

Bert, That truck was in excellent mechanical condition and the guy that gave it to me was the original owner, It was originally a beige color but he had it painted blue for some reason and it did have the normal wear and tear on the seats and interior. Also it had a small amount of rust on the rocker panels which I cut out and patched. As for the bed it was rotted real bad and he didn't think he could sell it the way it was. I was going to use it as a shop truck cause my van eats alot of gas. All the materials were left over from previous jobs ( I always tell people that there is no such thing as scrap metal, just stuff you haven't used yet) I had no game plan when I started it, just used what I had to make it work. I can also tell you that I've built quite a few truck beds and a couple hundred trailers in my time so that made it that much easier. I am going to try to post a few more pics of the building. Dave

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

That's "SICK!!!" yes folks, learned that from watching Paul Jr. on OCC. New way of saying AWSOME!!! yeesh...the youth...thanks Dabar39 for the pics!!!
    I'm not late...

that there is one well spent weekend that you and the girl frend can look back on fondly.:
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default got another one for you guys

The neighbor across the street moves out and leaves an old jon boat trailer frame sitting in the yard, the home owner comes to me and asks if I would come over and cut it up for him. He hands me a 50 dollar bill, says thanks and leaves. I go over and look at it and decide it is easier to drag it to my house than to drag torches there. I had some old spindles and hubs and some box tubing, so I made an axle to set under it to move it. after getting it home I looked it over and said what the heck, I'm slap something together with. I found a set of springs I could use and then I took off all the wood runners that hold the boat, made some side rails for it and some old plywood for a deck. I took a couple of pieces of 1/2" round bar and rolled them for fender edges and used some old 16 ga. sheet steel to form the fenders.
    I spent about 6-7 hours on this project. Just like the Toyota truck, my only out of pocket expense was for the lights. I had pipe for the top rails left over from another job, and the plywood was left over from the hurricanes a few years ago. I put the thing by the street and it was gone in less than twenty minutes. Now unfortunatly this story does not end like the other one as now the old lady is peeded off cause she didn't get no money this time.
    Last edited by dabar39; 03-27-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: by the way I got 400.00 for it after it was done 450 for screwin around all day

Default completed pictures

a few more after it was finished

Dabar39,
    Again....TOTALLY AWSOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I may ask, how much did you sell it for? And how much did your lady help with the project????hehehe....
    Question: your pics are nice and good size. How do YOU upload them, what size pixels do you use, etc.?
    thanks again....
    I'm not late...