Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

using a 28 dollar jackson. if mine falls off a building no great loss, unless the halo breaks.

i have the Miller BWE starts and stripes and could not be happyer. well maybe the new modle would make me happyer.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Talking

I am also using a BWE The Inferno and I really don't know what I would do without it. I have only used it TIG welding so far, the shop I'm at right now I don't really think I need to bring it. I don't do enough welding to even bother having it, I have my own fixed shade there anyway. Can anyone tell me How much the batteries will cost when they go dead mines new but its been bugging me I have herd there super expensive?

i have hed mine over 5 years and i'm still on the factory battery.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Big Window, if you are serious

I have a Big window at work and love it. It's light, durable and all around wonderful. The only problem is my employer doesn't stock cover lenses for is so I have to buy my own. If you are just buying a helmet for occasional use the big window is probably a bit overkill though. For school I bought a cheaper helmet (Theft, **** little G-Unit thugs ). The brand is Techmen, not sure what model, but a coworker has one and beat the snot out of it for three years and its still going. I have found it to work quite well. Just my 2 cents.
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

cool bike, i got one almost like it. although due to the atachment i made for it i dont think mine see's the kind of riding your dose. but its a sweet ride just the same.
    oh ya helmits
    mines a BWE and i love it, had it about 6 years now. inside outside dosent matter it works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Now that I have had some time with my Elite I am happy I spent the money on it. Light weight, great visibility, very adjustable for different welding, indoors outdoors, mig, grinding etc...

And yes I am currently a hobby welder, I like to build cool $hit. Wish i had this helmet when I was a fabricator building fire engines.

Default Miller Elite

I, too, have a new Miller Elite (Inferno model). I like it, a lot. As someone else said, it's light and has a large viewing window.

I'm new to welding; I'm taking my second MIG class now (third welding class overall). I'm told (by my instructor) the Elite isn't really designed for MIG, but I've not had a problem.

Irish

I got the newer model BWE with the grind mode. It's worth the money.
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

i have the miller elite 27 roadster. i absolutely love it. light and fast, looks good too.
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com