Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm told (by my instructor) the Elite isn't really designed for MIG, but I've not had a problem.

Irish

i wonder why he would think like that?? if its capable of seeing a TIG arc it can certainly see a MIG arc. untill about a year ago mine was MIG only for 5 or so years. inside and out. and i love it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Miller Performance Series auto-darkening helmet. This is an awesome helmet!!

Default miller big window elite helmet

I recently purchased a miller inferno big window elite helmet. I used it in welding class and the low battery warning light came on after two days of use. I thought perhaps the original battery could have been weak but the next set of batteries also lasted two days before the low battery warning came on. The box the helmet came in said they should last about for 3,000 hours. I am getting only about 12 hours of constant use before the low battery warning comes on. It there a problem with my helmet?
    thanks for your help in advance,
    mike
    mkotarba@hotmail.com

Thumbs up

I have a Miller performance series. I've had it on my hear every day for just less than a year, and I love it. I've dropped it, and banged it around. so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek3 View Post
    I recently purchased a miller inferno big window elite helmet. I used it in welding class and the low battery warning light came on after two days of use. I thought perhaps the original battery could have been weak but the next set of batteries also lasted two days before the low battery warning came on. The box the helmet came in said they should last about for 3,000 hours. I am getting only about 12 hours of constant use before the low battery warning comes on. It there a problem with my helmet?
    thanks for your help in advance,
    mike
    mkotarba@hotmail.com
    Freind at school had the same problem, he just kept welding, the light kept flashing and as far as I know it is still running and flashing over a year later. If I had to guess I would say the low battery sensing device is malfunctioning.
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long