Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dune Buggy

Default Dune Buggy

so my friend wanted to build a dune buggy but has no fabrication skills at all so i told him i'd help him out and show him everything i know on the subject as we build it. Got the 1 5/8" .120 wall DOM tubing on friday along with the 1 1/2 .250 wall DOM for the 4 link and the control arms. Were using a Trick Tools model 3 bender which i am quite impressed with. drivetrain is a chevy 350/350 and a 10 bolt rearend (will upgrade when it breaks)

the only thing i dont like about how its turning out is the rear main hoop, it looks too wide.
    but anyways let me know what you think. BTW: there will be alot more triangulation, the top rails are just sitting there right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AIM: Zachary188

looks like fun what are you use for front suspension? you fab your own or use straight axle? we are going to build one next year i think useing and s-10 rear and doing mods. to the frame and build a cage with 305/350th

we have s10 spindles and brakes and balljoints so im going to build the arms for the front. He has an s10 rearend too but its pretty narrow, so i traded him my 8.5" out of the camaro since im not going to use it and its got a limited slip.

Default equipment

Looks like you got the equipment to build this thing..Good luck on your project!
    Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Thanks Farris.

Got a little bit more work done today, lemme know what you think.
    BTW the metal isnt rusted, thats just the residu from the oils or something

what does something like this sell for in your area?
    Bobby

Honestly not sure what they go for around here but front engined v8 rails go for 10k w/o motor/tranny on the internet.

got the lowers done this afternoon, starting to come together. let me know what you think

That thing looks sweet. You guys are really moving along on it huh! Keep us posted!

Nice job! Looks like have have plenty of travel. What kind of spring are you going to use? Coil overs?