Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dune Buggy

Looking better all the time !!!
    How far is it from the top of the rear coil to the brace that comes down from the roll bar ? That looks like it could be a possible weak spot.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

the bracket that the coilover bolts to is 1 1/2" center to center
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AIM: Zachary188

Quote Originally Posted by burninbriar
    Looking better all the time !!!
    How far is it from the top of the rear coil to the brace that comes down from the roll bar ? That looks like it could be a possible weak spot.
    I'm talking about the tubular frame work. It looks like the tube could bend where the coil connects to it upon heavy impact in rough use. Maybe a brace from the coil bracket up to the tubeing that runs to the roll bar would make it a little stiffer ??

Pureox OA
    Miller Syncrowave 250

ohh i see what you are saying, its about a foot from the downbar. I dont foresee it having any problems but ill take a closer look at it tomorrow, thanks for looking out

well today i mocked up the interior again, mounted the radiator, and started figuring out brackets for the r&p/spindles.
    its officially crunch time. one week and one day to get it road worthy

got the tie rods done today, and the fuel cell straps done. Tomorrow ill start welding up all the loose ends and hopefully jake will pick up the crank/block tomorrow from the machine shop, drop off the transmission, drop off the driveshaft, and we'll hopefully start painting by friday

let me know what you think

Got the chassis painted, bedlinered the interior, painted most all of the suspension parts, and assembled the motor. more pics tomorrow

What a differance a little paint makes. I want to see some pics of that rascal airborn and kicking up some dirt !!!

Pureox OA
    Miller Syncrowave 250

haha yea believe me, seeing that burnt brown rust color was getting old. And im sure a few burnout/jumping videos will be in the mix soon

Today I assembled the 4 link, rear coilovers, front coilovers, 90% of the steering, master cylinder/brake pedal, control arms, fuel cell, and did some more work on the motor.

Today i got the rest of the motor/trans assembled and installed